Woollarding

trigger

I've been pondering about making a thread for this, but I thought it's worth a laugh and if it dies, it dies. There's a *big internet craze kicking off at the moment called "Woollarding".

What is Wollarding I hear you mumble, we let me tell you, Remember the legendary Top Gear presenter and style icon William Woollard?, well whenever he finished a segment on the show he would be standing there with his now world famous pose of one foot up on the bumper, bonnet up and looking damn cool.

l.jpg

Now the new Facebook craze (cough) is to re-enact this pose with our own cars, I thought it would be a good excause to see some of your cars as well. :wink:

I've had a go at Woollarding recently...

1on5ah.jpg

and even managed to talk my wife into doing it with the Alto.

2a8rxj4.jpg

It's just a bit of silliness so who else is in?!

Excellent effort there from Mr and Mrs Trig. But, i've gotta say you haven't nailed the look, you just don't look 'earnest' enough. Too smiley! Might I suggest holding a carburettor or something and pulling a face like you have just swallowed something you didn't expect while eating a KFC, but not had enough time to think about it properly.

RR copy and paste

lovely

Not quite A5, It was posted on there a few weeks back by a different user but I made my own version. sorry if it's offended you so much.

same photos

why didnt you post it here 'a few weeks' back?

Ha ha brilliant thread!

He always did that pose when summing up, usually a serious topic. If it was a lighter topic he would be sitting in a car.

Does anyone remember when he demonstrated a car's safety rebounding electric windows using his hand, and then clasping it tightly for the rest of the piece. True professional!

Woolardage.

The suitability of a car for the above.

Bumper protrusion, multiplied by its thickness plus the direction in which the subject's bonnet opens.

Therefore the 164 would score ten, but a Mk2 Mondeo with its slippery bumpers made of brittle plastic would score 3.

One foot on the front wheel of a Triumph Spitfire whilst leaning on the trailing edge of the open engine cover is also most agreeable.

I must say, Woolarding is quite noble.

Goffage, in the other hand, driving in a bolt upright position whilst wearing M&S sweaters and reporting 'fifth gear is actually quite hard to find' or 'instead of a rev counter you get a large clock', is UNCOOL.

Masonage, the attending of historic car hillclimbs wearing a flat cap and stadium-jacket is also TABOO.

Woolardage.

The suitability of a car for the above.

Bumper protrusion, multiplied by its thickness plus the direction in which the subject's bonnet opens.

Perfect!

One foot on the front wheel of a Triumph Spitfire whilst leaning on the trailing edge of the open engine cover is also most agreeable.

It would work equally well on a Herald, an XKE, and any C4 or later Corvette, hence all those would be prime candidates for being woolarded this way.

Another good car for woolarding is the 2CV. You could put one foot onto the fan housing.

I did do some Clarksoning a while back when I shagged my ex missus even though I was in another relationship. Does that count?

Hero re: double dipping, but is Clarksoning the delay between the money shot and the 'aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh'?

Trigger: Nice try but sadly a fail. You've got the wrong leg up on the bumper and you're not leaning on it. Also, lose the Camos and fit a pair of slacks that have the right balance of tightness AND freedom of movement in the upper thigh area. Have a rummage through your old man's jumpers and resubmit. A commendable effort but a 4/10.