Shite Vans.

freebird

There was an intermediate one which looked like this...

ebro-f275-09.jpg

Yes, I remember one of those in the area I grew up in. Definitely not something you saw a lot of.

At my first ever job after leaving school in about 1987 the company I worked for ran a couple of new Ebro vans and a tatty petrol Nissan Urvan.

The Urvan was piloted by one of the bosses sons who drove it like there was no tomorrow but Doug, the Ebro driver never seemed to go above 50mph.

I'm sure an Ebro was featured in an episode of the Sky drama Mad Dogs.

How about a shitey Yank version of those ridiculous VWs? I give you the Chevrolet Corvan.

corvanlg.jpg

There was also a pickup, available with or without this natty side ramp.

openramplg.jpg

But... if you didn't have the side ramp, how the hell would you get anything in it? :?

I think those KA vans were only made for BT and special order only.

I was at the commercial show at the NEC a few years ago and my boss was looking for a new small van.

Ford had a KA van on show that would have fitted the bill pretty well (we had a trade account with Finnigans so could get waxoyl at trade price!)

The "salesman" had no idea how much they were,how much they could carry or even if they were available.

We ended up with a second hand Fiesta.

I see the other side of the iron curtain has already been mentioned, but not the RAF 2203!

8104619435_b919b1ac23_n.jpg

And you won't believe how bad a ride in a RAF is! I once had a transfer from Minsk Airport to Minsk city in one of these and I better had walked that way including carrying my luggage. Very wobbly and shaky ride accompanied by a steady wowowowow from the engine/transmission (really can't tell), simply awful!