cordless impact guns

Bren

Anybody any experience with the above?

Was possibly looking at investing in one, for stubborn bolts etc. as I hav'nt room or funds for a large air compressor.

Like most things in life you get what you pay for, however it will not be used frequently so not looking to spend megabucks.

I have looked on a few forums and got mixed reviews - some say they could'nt live without one, other tell tales where their tool could'nt undo wheel nuts.

Any advice before I hand my cash over? Would have thought this would be a life saver for a shitter as the type of cars we like usually have fixings that are reluctant to move (old and seized).

Anybody any experience with the above?

Was possibly looking at investing in one, for stubborn bolts etc. as I hav'nt room or funds for a large air compressor.

Like most things in life you get what you pay for, however it will not be used frequently so not looking to spend megabucks.

I have looked on a few forums and got mixed reviews - some say they could'nt live without one, other tell tales where their tool could'nt undo wheel nuts.

Any advice before I hand my cash over? Would have thought this would be a life saver for a shitter as the type of cars we like usually have fixings that are reluctant to move (old and seized).

12 volt ones are good [at least the one I got was] can run it off fag lighter, or old car battery. so ideal for occasional use.

I have to say from my experience of them I say get one they do come in useful, I was dubious then was converted when i borrowed a mates 18v one to get me out of the doo doo and was impressed so mrs fordperv bought me 24v one as a prezzie I was as happy as a pig in poo, but I had to do the obligatory pretend to be a robot and operate the trigger whilst moving :oops:

I've thought about these, and more so since breaking both my trusty breaker bars :cry:

These look decent for the monies http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Professional-24V-Cordless-Impact-Gun-with-2-Batteries-320-Nm-NEW-/110768012812?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item19ca49be0c

Though as Mr.Wobbler says, access can often be the limiting factor.

I was unaware of these cordless ones and thought they might be a good idea. our local trade me site was searched

and a Snap On one found, but at the price of $1000.00 (500 pounds) that thought quickly went away :(

How does the same compare pricewise for UK ?

Link.....http://www.trademe.co.nz/building-renov ... 469389.htm

I had never even heard of these until I read this post this morning...

later, I called a mate to see if he had an electric screwdriver I could borrow & bugger me

An 18v Makita device turns up.

It put 4 inch panel screws straight through some 4X2 and into a sleeper like a hot knife through butter.

A sensational tool.

I picked up a 3 month old cordless 3/8 Snap-on one off the local dealer for less than 2/3 of the new price last May. It undid a set of U-bolts on the rear springs of our gert's Jago which had been in place for 25 years as if they had been fitted yesterday, cracking tool especially when you ain't getting any younger like me plus I don't have to fire up the compressor, OK so it cost me £200 but it's been used a lot on my rusty chod! 8)

My work kit has one of these:

Hitachi-WH14DL-14-4-Volt-Lithium-Cordless.jpg

Which I have always thought was a awesome bit of kit. I have taken it home a couple of times and bopped floorboard screws in like they were going into butter. All in all, a very usefull tool.

On a job last week, my Hitachi had a dead battery, so the engineer produced one of these from the boot of his car:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRPpAZvvKjXmmC8OapGrDaDRH9jG3vc0LvLXl3T3WLDotpBibH

Holy Shit!!! :o It is big and weighs a ton but Jeez what a thing!!

60 year old 1/2" bolts whizzed off like they were brand new and nicely greased.

£200 plus the battery but still... WOW!