If Autoshite did wedding cars...

Tayne

This was the fleet at an exceptionally wet wedding in Cumbria last year. The Land Rover belongs to the groom, who is an occasional poster on here, and the black Citroen belongs to his friend. I thought the black Citroen had a Perth registration but I've since seen the SL identifier on a lot of classics so it must have become standard issue for plate rape victims.

7387866648_fc5ba36dcc_z.jpg

P1040769 by RichardB5, on Flickr

That Samara is pretty epic wedding tat Tayne. Well spotted!

I've seen some 'eye opening' wedding cars on the mean streets of Bradford, but alas no photos.

This is the best I can offer - one of my spots from Chiang Mai:

P1210097.jpg

P1210098.jpg

P1210100.jpg

awww I missed the wedding tat thread, I love shite wedding cars, capri to the rescue after i caught wind that a friend got let down by his best man who just didn't bother to organise him a car so i surprised him, I was surprised that the driver of the roller who took his mrs was impressed :D

DSCF0857_zpsbd00764f.jpg

DSCF0858_zps4b794373.jpg

• 9 years later...

My niece had a wedding in the Autoshite spirit a few years ago. Brides car was a 20s Willys Overland with no front brakes. Rear brake shoes worked on the outside of the drums. More interesting to me was the bridesmaids car. One of those vintage replica affairs from the  80s using early Transit axles with leaf springs and fake cast wooden spoked wheels. 1600cc Ford Kent engine. When it got to the reception, a fair drive from the church, the drivers had the bonnet up adjusting the points!

Mate of mine's Dad had a Triumph 2000.  Passed it down to his youngest daughter (the car is 50 years old this year).

They recommissioned the Triumph for her wedding.  Needless to say it broke down on the way, so had to hitch a lift with a passer-by in full wedding regalia and a cadre of bridesmaids.  True Autoshite stiyle.

5FCEDF45-F06E-4394-99D0-9D52000249B5.thumb.jpeg.674f79142e3d9376187472fc56000e43.jpeg

My wedding conveyance 9 years ago this week. 

I just drove to my wedding in this and left with my new lady wife in a posh (to me) Aldi, leaving my best man to drive this back. Of course like many old cars this had a few foibles that I’d forgotten to impart to my chum so he couldn’t get the effing ungrateful bastarding thing to start afterwards.

Excuse the quality, but I’m now a bit paranoid that my wedding photos aren’t where I thought they were. Took this with my camera as it’s on the staircase…

D4910C28-5449-428C-8E76-7F5F2FD80707.thumb.jpeg.0989e1bc788935603f38c121dc28560e.jpeg

Rare photo of the wife who hates all of my cars. 

We got married in Ireland and the only place that did wedding cars local to where we were getting hitched had a lot of cars, ranging from brand new Jags and Range Rovers through to the standard “Daring Buds of May” era Rolls. Both of us saw the Mk 2 Jags and said we’d have them for the wedding car and they said we’d have the better one.

I looked at both of them on the wedding day, as Mayo were playing Kerry in the all Ireland semi final so a lot of us were hanging round the cars listening to the radio. I was hard pressed to work out which one was better, as both were well used. Never been restored, neither had been repaired really, the veneers were peeling and the leather was starting to tear. But it wore it all well, the wife wasn’t bothered and she usually is a stickler for this sort of thing (see every car I’ve owned).

Even that photo, the drivers were a bit anxious to have the photos wrapped up so that they could go and watch the game. This didn’t annoy my wife so much, what annoyed her was me going to the drivers after each photo asking what the score was.

38 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Was this in Mayo perchance? Seems normal to me.

It was yeah. All of my family are from there, she’s got no Irish at all.

I tried to get a TV on in the place but the wife said no. A cousin of mine had the game on her phone and 20 of us were all huddled around it.

Not that they did any good in the final but there you are

This is nothing. My father in law organised a wedding car for his wife back in the 70s. Unfortunately he asked a funeral company to use their black Austin maxi. Imagine that. “Where the f**k did you find my wedding car?” 

“It’s not a wedding car dear….”

LOL

I turned up to my wedding in ww2 La France recovery truck, and the wife arrived in one of the three Italian job minis. 

image.jpg

Tightwad that I am, I was presented with various options of paying £400 for a Bentley this that or the other. I think not... I’d have found it embarrassing if I’m honest. 

A mate had just bought a 15 year old XJ6 that ran on LPG with 220,000 on the clock so we used that, the arches were bubbling and it had Irish plates on for full ‘flat roof working men’s club steward’ effect. The diff went on the way home the next day. I don’t do things by halves.