Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

10 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

That's a really early Mark 2 as well isn't it?  Wasn't it launched in 83?

I think so, this would be the first year or so of production! Proper survivor! There’s a lot to be said for being in London, not doing very many miles and not seeing much salt....

4 hours ago, AxWomble said:

I think so, this would be the first year or so of production! Proper survivor! There’s a lot to be said for being in London, not doing very many miles and not seeing much salt....

...Until it's likely killed by the expansion of the ULEZ in October.  Along with God only knows how many not-quite-historic-yet classics.

15 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

...Until it's likely killed by the expansion of the ULEZ in October.  Along with God only knows how many not-quite-historic-yet classics.

The Fester is just outside the new boundary, although it is maybe a 5 minute walk, so not by much! Our AX (1995 and very not compliant at all)  will simply never travel north of the S.Circular again, as we luckily don’t use it for work and can avoid the zone without too much faff.  Have spoken to lots of folks round here who are nervous about the coming changes, all the way from those with minty fresh 2.0 TDI Audis from 2009 all the way to a painter and decorator  near me with a battered but solid Renault Extra on an L reg. October is creeping up on us! 

12 minutes ago, AxWomble said:

The Fester is just outside the new boundary, although it is maybe a 5 minute walk, so not by much! Our AX (1995 and very not compliant at all)  will simply never travel north of the S.Circular again, as we luckily don’t use it for work and can avoid the zone without too much faff. ....

Same here on the outer circuit of the North Circular, but I'll still be running the CX so its leaded petrol exhaust fumes will still be floating into the ULEZ for a good long while yet.

29 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Same here on the outer circuit of the North Circular, but I'll still be running the CX so its leaded petrol exhaust fumes will still be floating into the ULEZ for a good long while yet.

That reminds me, there's a well used CX with a missing passenger seat and a load of tools in it round the corner....although I don't know if I've read about that on here as well, it rings a bell somewhere 

57 minutes ago, AxWomble said:

That reminds me, there's a well used CX with a missing passenger seat and a load of tools in it round the corner....although I don't know if I've read about that on here as well, it rings a bell somewhere 

Err....that wouldn't be a D-plated Series 2 TRS berline in a darkish red shade, would it? If it is, the owner bought some spares from me last year.....

5 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Err....that wouldn't be a D-plated Series 2 TRS berline in a darkish red shade, would it? If it is, the owner bought some spares from me last year.....

It was a dark red and I’m almost positive it was a D plate - saw it a few weeks ago and did casually stalk the MOT history but can’t remember the complete reg now. I want to say D578 *** but I couldn’t swear to it. What a coincidence! It was in glorious condition, clearly loved and used, possibly as a van but I’ve got nothing against that! 

A few from around Calabria over the last week.

Kicking it off with this gem, tucked away in the corner of a shed of said friend's parent's summer house. Bought new by his father in Switzerland in 1970, driven to Italy in 1989 and parked since. Photos are poor, but beneath the dust and bicycle it looked remarkably well preserved. 

51271179260_304338015e_c.jpg

51270883674_dbaf865cea_c.jpg

Others from around Cosenza and out in the sticks

51269409137_309358fa69_c.jpg

51269409452_e50ffa6086_c.jpg

51270337393_8e096ffa40_c.jpg

51270337943_e093a6d32a_c.jpg

51271184975_b4764207d8_c.jpg

51270338533_e8faa38a6d_c.jpg

Predictably, these were more than numerous:

51270342153_b20efb0b07_c.jpg

51270892714_eab9619edc_c.jpg

This was piloted (and co-piloted) by a very classy looking elderly couple on their way to Mass on Sunday. It looked totally mint, compete with original dealer sticker from a tiny little Alfa Romeo dealer still doing business in the tiny little mountain commune I spotted the car:

51271187095_79d7f5bc6e_c.jpg

On 6/23/2021 at 8:50 PM, Zelandeth said:

That's a really early Mark 2 as well isn't it?  Wasn't it launched in 83?

On 6/24/2021 at 7:26 AM, AxWomble said:

The very first mk2 Fiesta’s were on A plates. Pretty scarce though now.

I had a B reg 1.3 Ghia in Paris blue metallic, with a huge Black Death tide mark around its lower sections! It was pretty well equipped for a small car of that age too, I’m sure it had an economy light on the dash too! Mine had the 1300 cvh engine in it which absolutely flew in such a light car! Sadly it died of terminal rot like most of them did.

Great spot though, it’s always good to see an old car looking like that running around still.