Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

Here's my extra Lazy spots from April this year onwards:

This has been parked behind my local Morrisons for a good couple of years. It looks a bit worse for wear but salvagable.

uk5D1Lw.jpg?1

This was in Cornwall, sat in a Sainsburys car park and looked a honey. Hasn't Trigger had something to do with this?

jwf9RFw.jpg?1

Another Cornwall spot, sat next to the beech looking superb.

AX9ecXy.jpg?1

Sat in Tiverton looking quite miserable.

SDsMunP.jpg?1

We're in North Devon this time with a cheeky pap of a K reg Proton which MUST BE SAVED!

hgu16lG.jpg?1

Also on this very drunken camping weekend, this pulled up on the pitch opposite ours:

M5BSM2y.jpg?1

I was in Mole Valley Farmers buying red oxide paint and grinding disks. This was also there and looked to be a daily:

JSA9oUw.jpg?1

I've always loved the alloys on these, and the interior, and the exterior and pretty much everything about them really. This one looked great basking in the sun next to the train station.

nAmq4oy.jpg?1

This Merc was sat in Poland advertising a restaurant and was incredibly ropey, even by Polish standards. There was plenty of other superb chod sat around in Poland but I was mostly too drunk to use a camera phone.

H3CGrV1.jpg?1

These still look massive and it's nice to see one that isn't covered in emulsion and going round in circles.

kLLE5he.jpg?1

Back in Devon and this beauty was sat in Tesco car park with my rapidly de-papering Peugeot sat next to it.

Cz9wqyW.jpg?1

Fuego GTX sat in a bus station car park, complete with the best head lamp wipers ever, although they may not have worked.

xbFAbbE.jpg?1

And to finish off, this recently appeared on my phone, but I can't remember seeing it so I expect I was rather intoxicated at the time, still it looks an exciting heap.

jbZ4JtO.jpg?1

post-4673-0-99091800-1385588377_thumb.jpg

Neighbours old diesel r8s. The green one he bought was an insurance write off due to being keyed, and he was so impressed with it he bought the tourer.

The tourer had been used for heavy tow work and was quite a smoker. There was talk of transplanting the better engine from the green one into the tourer. Both ran out of T&T and after not finding buyers/ being messed about, Sat for a while before they were broken for spares last year. 

A neighbour has a few old crocs lying about....

post-4673-0-68730800-1385845358_thumb.jpg

Behind the haze from a bonfire, mkX/420g ( I forget which, its on the crossover year) waits for minor welding and a brake overhaul

post-4673-0-39402800-1385845433_thumb.jpg

Partially stripped jag 420

post-4673-0-76637800-1385845547_thumb.jpg

Heralds and Spitfires in various states of disrepair

post-4673-0-11418800-1385845659_thumb.jpg

post-4673-0-46373100-1385845741_thumb.jpg

And a little 1200 estate hiding behind a Spitfire body tub which is to be restored next year

Two from oxford services

Honda with its lights on

IMG_20131128_135704.jpg

IMG_20131128_135702.jpg

The pure defenition of the lazy spotter as I didn't have to get out the car!

This is genuinly on a door on the childrens day ward at wycombe hospital. No idea if it's a joke or not but...

IMG_20131127_172820.jpg

Whilst having a cheeky smoke my friend and I spotted this

IMG_20131119_160124.jpg

Proton? It's hidden away if anyone wants me to rescue it for them

This hunk of sex was parked up at home a few days ago

DSC_0006.jpg

Looks like genuine giffer ownership too

DSC_0007.jpg

Cheating /\ /\ /\

But yes please on the more pics.

Great old chod in here, what a success of a thread it's turned out to be. Have this I can't be arsed to walk over to it even though it looks hot from 20 paces Jag.

fCSjkvul.jpg

Is this the best hue for these? I think so and will fight anyone who disagrees.

Neighbours old diesel r8s. The green one he bought was an insurance write off due to being keyed, and he was so impressed with it he bought the tourer.

The tourer had been used for heavy tow work and was quite a smoker. There was talk of transplanting the better engine from the green one into the tourer. Both ran out of T&T and after not finding buyers/ being messed about, Sat for a while before they were broken for spares last year. 

I used to pass this house quite regularly, he had a Triumph Herald in the same spot for a while I think as well, could never work out if the Rovers were in use or not at the time.

Small world! I read in the Rover 220 thread u were north Devon way.

My neighbour had an earlier r8 without the grille but that one was similarly unlucky and was rear ended on entry to a roundabout and that was the end of it.

He used to be a courier and rather than swallow a finance deal on a new van and the depreciation he did it a different way. He had a small fleet of 80s astramax vans, one he'd use whilst the he repaired them and rotate them, whilst his colleagues were cursing dmfs and dpfs the basic stuff in his never went wrong and were cheap and quick to fix.

He was so autoshiteist and didn't even know it! ( in the voice from the money supermarket ads)

You probably did, I bought it off my neighbour and he used to park it out front at weekends with a ribbon down the bonnet as an ad when he used to do weddings in it.

Whilst he had it it was due to be our wedding car, but the weekend before it holed a piston, so we used the jag 420g in the above pics instead.

This "lives" in a garden down the road from me, it's one of two and there is also a Skoda Rabid in the garden. Now that the trees are dying back I may try getting a shot of the other two.

Also last weekend I was, camera-less, down in Haverfordwest and the local Vauxhall dealer appears to have closed down, but in the otherwise empty showroom sit an F type Victor and a Wolseley Hornet I'll be down there again at Christmas so try to get a shot of those.

post-3477-0-12326200-1386501281_thumb.jpg

Two from oxford services

Honda with its lights on

IMG_20131128_135704.jpg

IMG_20131128_135702.jpg

The pure defenition of the lazy spotter as I didn't have to get out the car!

This is genuinly on a door on the childrens day ward at wycombe hospital. No idea if it's a joke or not but...

IMG_20131127_172820.jpg

Whilst having a cheeky smoke my friend and I spotted this

IMG_20131119_160124.jpg

Proton? It's hidden away if anyone wants me to rescue it for them

This hunk of sex was parked up at home a few days ago

DSC_0006.jpg

Looks like genuine giffer ownership too

DSC_0007.jpg

That nose piece is from a 1979-81 Pontiac Firebird.

pontiac_firebird-formula-1980_r3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

"Pull up to da kerb in the drop top Rover, to pick up fuckin biscuits coz the night aint over,

pay with a twenty coz I'm a motherfuckin show-off, the top down king of the fotherfuckin Co-op."

From Top Rollin Rag Top Rover (1992) By L6 Rap and Da Party Posse (Island Records)

1hV3cxK.png

That Lancia needs rescuing. 

Here are a couple of spots of mine. 

Think Volksy might have spotted this same car in the same car park many many years ago.

IMAG0559_zps03b7006e.jpg

Bedford vanshite

IMAG0489_zpsc5923691.jpg

Was not sure whether to put this in the Bikeshite thread or not?

IMAG0488_zps0c6be7f2.jpg

Nice 924 in undesirable part of Shipley (i.e. anywhere in Shipley)

IMAG0481_zpsf258f9b3.jpg

What a wedding car this is. The break up will be shown on Jeremy Kyle on a TV near you soon:

IMAG0470_zps1c7858f3.jpg

Did not see the knuckle dragging 'WITE POWA' groom or his fat peroxide blonde 'AH LUV ALL MA KIDS BUT NORT THA DADS' bride though. I presume the reception was taking place in the social club near to where this photo was taken. 

Well there i was minding my own business and I came across THIS

post-4673-0-05816500-1387720873_thumb.jpg

I thought it might be a Monaco from a distance, did they come all in the same colour?

An old lady on my paper round ordered one new, and as a ten year old I remember being in awe of the leather interior. Some things don't change!

I may have steamed up the window in my excitement

post-4673-0-81685900-1387721059_thumb.jpg

That R5 is rather nice.

There seems to be an increasing number of Devon-located members on here, perhaps we should have a Westcountry meetup, those Northern chaps get all the fun.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Most of my shite is up and running at the moment, only the Renault truck to get finished. There is a classic car meet new years day in Bridgwater but it's an early start and I am out new years eve so not likely to be fit to drive