Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

3 hours ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

It's an NG TC kit car. Based on MGB I think

The DVLA website suggests its a 1958 car, so I think its something earlier than a B, unless my maths is out a bit? 

However, looking online they do seem to be b based, maybe its the dooovla records that are wrong. It wasn't registered till 1983 so may be a bit iffy. 

On 5/27/2023 at 3:58 PM, High Jetter said:

Not sure it's as fast as the plate would suggest:

2100323164_M284MPH.thumb.jpg.bfda8969b4bc79cd1a0949cd1bf6ba10.jpg

Funny you should say that. This car was for sale at a West Sussex dealer a couple of years ago and they made a thing in their ad about 284 mph being the speed the Koenigsegg Agera RS topped out at when making its record breaking bid for being the world's fastest production car (277.9 mph average of two runs). Quite how this was relevant to a lowly Mazda I've no idea. I did actually um and err about buying this Mazda as I thought an MX3 would make an interesting contrast to my MX5's. It's 1.6 auto rather than the full fat V6 though. I later saw it at a car show and chatted to the new owner who seemed very happy with it.

1 hour ago, skoda_fan said:

Funny you should say that. This car was for sale at a West Sussex dealer a couple of years ago and they made a thing in their ad about 284 mph being the speed the Koenigsegg Agera RS topped out at when making its record breaking bid for being the world's fastest production car (277.9 mph average of two runs). Quite how this was relevant to a lowly Mazda I've no idea. I did actually um and err about buying this Mazda as I thought an MX3 would make an interesting contrast to my MX5's. It's 1.6 auto rather than the full fat V6 though. I later saw it at a car show and chatted to the new owner who seemed very happy with it.

Interesting. Glad I papped it, not seen before or since.