Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

On 12/3/2022 at 7:48 AM, Yoss said:

I do like Chiswick. We usually park in Brentford if we're going to London as its easyish to park then get the bus to Chiswick before continuing our onward journey and there are so many independent eateries. Don't think I could justify the £4m for the average townhouse though. 

If I ever become a billionaire (because I don't think even multi millionaire will be enough) it is my plan to buy Stamford Brook Bus Garage just around the corner as I fear it is only one franchising decision away from closure. 

PXL_20210807_155628465.PORTRAIT.jpg.fdb6bbe4b3b63b68344c1d3d57ee8d68.jpg

I'd happily live there. 

There are flats in the Power House, the building in the background of that photo. The lower floors of the building are recording studios, and the flats are in the roof. They have their own lift which just has two buttons: G and 13. 

43 minutes ago, Dan29 said:

There are flats in the Power House, the building in the background of that photo. The lower floors of the building are recording studios, and the flats are in the roof. They have their own lift which just has two buttons: G and 13. 

I noticed that when I was looking at it on Google. The outer flats have fancy terraces

Screenshot_20221207_201156_com.google.android_apps_maps.thumb.jpg.c502d8879d1331e6d9240114110a806e.jpg

I hope they are well soundproofed if there's a recording studio underneath. Also, the ones on the left would be great because you could watch the comings and goings from the bus garage. And if we zoom out a bit... 

Screenshot_20221207_201054_com.google.android_apps_maps.thumb.jpg.d408c795aa1a0411305d270047404769.jpg

Look at the size of the garage (you can just see the white roofs of the buses). Imagine what you could do with that. 

1 minute ago, Yoss said:

I noticed that when I was looking at it on Google. The outer flats have fancy terraces

Screenshot_20221207_201156_com.google.android_apps_maps.thumb.jpg.c502d8879d1331e6d9240114110a806e.jpg

I hope they are well soundproofed if there's a recording studio underneath. Also, the ones on the left would be great because you could watch the comings and goings from the bus garage. And if we zoom out a bit... 

Screenshot_20221207_201054_com.google.android_apps_maps.thumb.jpg.d408c795aa1a0411305d270047404769.jpg

Look at the size of the garage (you can just see the white roofs of the buses). Imagine what you could do with that. 

Yeah I looked around one of the flats in the north east corner and from the terrace you could watch the tube trains stopping at Stamford Brook station.

I'm surprised the bus garage is still there - and didn't realise how huge it is. The space would be very handy - group buy? 😉

These days I live closer to Fulwell bus garage - another former tram shed! 

We've lost so many great bus garages over the years and a lot of it is down to franchising. Like London Northern (as they were, then became MTL, then Metroline) lost route 13 to Sovereign and Finchley garage closed soon afterwards. Doesn't matter if they win the route back the next time the franchise comes up, the garage has already been sold and demolished by then. 

It will only take London United to lose one of the big routes and I fear Stamford Brook will go the same way. Especially as they have Shepherds Bush Garage just the other end of Goldhawk Road.