Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

24 minutes ago, J R Hartley said:

Do you know if it's still on the road?

Sadly not. There's a similar one which is only one letter out. My Granda's was SD08YRP, this one was SD08YRO. Both were cars my Mum helped put in place servicing stuff for back when she worked for Arnie Shark Fiat in Ayr. :)

1 minute ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

The 4 liter is a straight 6 engine:). And I like the Jeep XJ.

thats twice on here now I have gotten my V6's confused for my straight six's!

(the first time was when the Red forum bike, Jag was doing the rounds, I wonder what happened to that in the end)

2 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

thats twice on here now I have gotten my V6's confused for my straight six's!

(the first time was when the Red forum bike, Jag was doing the rounds, I wonder what happened to that in the end)

It is easy to mistake these engines. And not everyone has 90s Jeep engines stuck in their heads thankfully.

4 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

It is easy to mistake these engines. And not everyone has 90s Jeep engines stuck in their heads thankfully.

My Dad had a 4 litre Cherokee L but I had a 2.5 diesel which I think was rejected by Massey Ferguson for sounding too agricultural. 

5 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

My Dad had a 4 litre Cherokee L but I had a 2.5 diesel which I think was rejected by Massey Ferguson for sounding too agricultural. 

Yes these diesel engines are a bit rough. On these, I would have preferred a petrol engine and rather lived with the high fuel consumption.

6 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

Likewise the 'bus! I've travelled on several of those "Boris 'buses" and have found them all to have an awful Diesel engine resonance and vibration on tick-over. Maybe I've travelled on badly maintained examples, but I try to avoid them now.  

12 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

had to go somewhere to get some help with an upcoming PIP tribunal, and while waiting for the bus near home, this Jeep Cherokee pulled up at the lights :) 

image.thumb.png.59f55ce8e7b3aa9fe6f43d5868155134.png

proper 4L V6 one too for bonus points :) 

R plate so has probably got the May and Schofield immobiliser, which means it lives it’s life one day at a time