Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

I take my hat off to UK Senator's spots! Many I recognise, particularly that Transit with "345 CDL" as its number! I also think I saw the Underground bridge over the road at Barnet Hill in there somewhere....

I went for a long drive into London yesterday and I feel sure I saw more classic cars in use. I was in the 33 and I saw quite a few old-style Beetles and a fair number of M.G.s too. Of course, many have discovered that classics are exempt the U.L.E.Z. charge, so may be London will be come a more vehicular diverse place in the future....  

4 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

Avenger estate must be really rare. Don’t remember seeing many of those even in the 70s.

There was one (possibility even this one I guess) in Big Babies on CBBC. 

Screenshot_20220417-084145_Opera.thumb.jpg.5aac4940b225d350615cb5bc4aa2e535.jpg

Snapshot of UKsenators spot so people don't need to scroll up and find it like I did. 

image.thumb.png.6d0cea6b21bab87b7e8a369044eb25dd.png

Probably isn't the same one, I cant quite tell from the photo but I guess that shows quite old now and there cant be many in a similar blue. 

Cirencester yesterday. 

IMG_20220416_190850.thumb.jpg.ed2dff1460299272c7fecbfe0ed158d0.jpg

I've just been round my mums and this was in the car park. Never seen it there before. 

IMG_20220417_140429.thumb.jpg.df41553a69baca4f1ab10d6f640f0046.jpg

It was parked next to my mums Micra CC, which ordinarily probably isn't Shite yet. But it is if you have it painted metallic pink. 

IMG_20220417_140436.thumb.jpg.8e493b3543406ab34df925da529456da.jpg

She's had it from new and it was originally beige, or cappuccino as she insisted it was. 

IMG_20220417_140449_edit_97562223104383.thumb.jpg.b64528af3b4e41799885b8bfe2d62968.jpg

2 hours ago, Yoss said:

She's had it from new and it was originally beige, or cappuccino as she insisted it was.

My mum has a Yeti that she insists is cappuccino - it's beige.

I'm curious why it was repainted however, was it done purely for the colour change or did the car need repainting anyway? You don't really hear of the former being done nowadays.

1 hour ago, GR8 PL8 M8 said:

My mum has a Yeti that she insists is cappuccino - it's beige.

I'm curious why it was repainted however, was it done purely for the colour change or did the car need repainting anyway? You don't really hear of the former being done nowadays.

Almost immediately, when it was still beige she had some autumn leaves graphics applied. Not little ones, big ones down the whole the length of the car. 

Putting it as politely as I can she is, shall we say an enthusiastic and carefree driver. So before too long she had a couple of minor scrapes, then she backed in to something or other a bit harder than usual. It didn't look too bad but it was a bit bent and obviously the roof mechanism is in the boot so that stopped working. The insurance people just about gave the repair the go ahead but she had a word with the garage and said if they were painting the back of the car, how much extra to do the whole thing. 

So she bunged them a few extra quid and they painted it pink for her. I think it's a Honda Jazz colour she'd seen and wanted. 

My mum is 76 and does what she likes, when she likes and doesn't care what anybody else thinks. Until about three years ago she would follow this Led Zeppelin tribute band around the country, at least the lower half of the country, and would think nothing of driving to Hereford or Devon, go to the gig, get a cheap travelodge type place and drive back the next day. She still dyes her hair quite regularly, all sorts of colours (it's cropped short).

A few years ago she decided she was going to support Croatia in a World Cup because she'd just been there on holiday and dyed her hair in red and white checks with some blue bits so driving around in a pink car, and a Micra CC at that, doesn't faze her at all.

1 hour ago, Yoss said:

Almost immediately, when it was still beige she had some autumn leaves graphics applied. Not little ones, big ones down the whole the length of the car. 

Putting it as politely as I can she is, shall we say an enthusiastic and carefree driver. So before too long she had a couple of minor scrapes, then she backed in to something or other a bit harder than usual. It didn't look too bad but it was a bit bent and obviously the roof mechanism is in the boot so that stopped working. The insurance people just about gave the repair the go ahead but she had a word with the garage and said if they were painting the back of the car, how much extra to do the whole thing. 

So she bunged them a few extra quid and they painted it pink for her. I think it's a Honda Jazz colour she'd seen and wanted. 

My mum is 76 and does what she likes, when she likes and doesn't care what anybody else thinks. Until about three years ago she would follow this Led Zeppelin tribute band around the country, at least the lower half of the country, and would think nothing of driving to Hereford or Devon, go to the gig, get a cheap travelodge type place and drive back the next day. She still dyes her hair quite regularly, all sorts of colours (it's cropped short).

A few years ago she decided she was going to support Croatia in a World Cup because she'd just been there on holiday and dyed her hair in red and white checks with some blue bits so driving around in a pink car, and a Micra CC at that, doesn't faze her at all.

Well count me among the Micra fans, it's a much nicer pink than the one that they could be ordered in!

11 hours ago, Andrew353w said:

I take my hat off to UK Senator's spots! Many I recognise, particularly that Transit with "345 CDL" as its number! I also think I saw the Underground bridge over the road at Barnet Hill in there somewhere....

I went for a long drive into London yesterday and I feel sure I saw more classic cars in use. I was in the 33 and I saw quite a few old-style Beetles and a fair number of M.G.s too. Of course, many have discovered that classics are exempt the U.L.E.Z. charge, so may be London will be come a more vehicular diverse place in the future....  

You did! I actually saw a very down at heel DAF today funnily enough, a pic will follow...  I was within the current ULEZ last week, I saw a surprising number of 80`s & 90`s stuff that shouldnt* have been there. Maybe they dont drive much & can afford to pay an additional £12.50 every time they go out?

I`m not happy about the proposed extension, it affects us obviously, God knows what Ill do with half my fleet..

Feel free to sign this petition against it:

https://www.change.org/p/stop-the-expansion-of-ulez-to-greater-london