Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

1 hour ago, sutty2006 said:

Are those the pins that hold the inbound shoes to the backing plate? 

No. They hold the pads into the caliper. 2 in each caliper.

On the 3.2 the caliper is wider due to the vented rear disc, and Aftermarket suppliers send you the shorter version, but label it with the part number you need. Bastards. 

Did a lot of "I know you think you have the right part but perhaps you could measure it before I order it......what's that you say? Oh it turns out the label doesn't match the part and it's going to be too short" 

9 minutes ago, New POD said:

No. They hold the pads into the caliper. 2 in each caliper.

On the 3.2 the caliper is wider due to the vented rear disc, and Aftermarket suppliers send you the shorter version, but label it with the part number you need. Bastards. 

Did a lot of "I know you think you have the right part but perhaps you could measure it before I order it......what's that you say? Oh it turns out the label doesn't match the part and it's going to be too short" 

Ohhhh the bastards! 

12 minutes ago, FruttyFrutty said:

I believe it's Reliant Robin running gear, with an old speedboat body which has been turned into a trike.

Andy Saunders did a road legal speed boat with Reliant gear about 20 ,maybe more, years ago. He's worth interwebbling to see some of the stuff he's done. The 2cv he did is very odd.