Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

Exchanged waves with someone in a ruby red 5-dr Saab 900i on an E plate earlier today.  Was lovely to see one in a more normal spec.  Not a turbo, had the lovely spun stainless wheel trims rather than the ubiquitous three spoke alloys.

Didn't get close enough to be able to hear if it was an 8 or 16v though.

I do miss my 900.

Okay, it's not exactly an AS car, but this was unique enough to be worth a share I thought.

I've seen this about several times but today I had a passenger I could badger into snapping a couple of photos on the way past.

1264726801_IMG-20210911-WA00022.thumb.jpg.b8ba5532983aa36c03f663fad6f98b4a.jpg

1561726847_IMG-20210911-WA00032.thumb.jpg.67a2c437cefed44035a52499b4f8c772.jpg

Yes, that is a violently holographic Tesla Model X.

I wonder if it was wrapped following an accident as the shut lines on the driver's side are quite noticeably off.

Either way I think it's fantastic.  I have quite a hankering for a Tesla anyway, but making it holographic is a sure way to draw me in even more.

52 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Okay, it's not exactly an AS car, but this was unique enough to be worth a share I thought.

I've seen this about several times but today I had a passenger I could badger into snapping a couple of photos on the way past.

1264726801_IMG-20210911-WA00022.thumb.jpg.b8ba5532983aa36c03f663fad6f98b4a.jpg

1561726847_IMG-20210911-WA00032.thumb.jpg.67a2c437cefed44035a52499b4f8c772.jpg

Yes, that is a violently holographic Tesla Model X.

I wonder if it was wrapped following an accident as the shut lines on the driver's side are quite noticeably off.

Either way I think it's fantastic.  I have quite a hankering for a Tesla anyway, but making it holographic is a sure way to draw me in even more.

Why not experiment first, by wrapping an Invacar?

45 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

to be fair I would not put it past @Zelandeth to do something like that for scotiacon :mrgreen:

I'd never really thought about a wrap for TPA simply because you need a reasonably flat, sound surface under it.  That's nothing close to what we've got going on at the moment.

I did look into wraps while I had the Activa though as a possible solution to the rampant clearcoat peel.  However quickly discovered to have it done properly isn't even vaguely cheap.  With the prep work needed I would have been a fairly decent chunk of the way to a respray so just didn't stack up.

I think turning up to any event where there's a contingent of car enthusiasts she's likely to draw attention though even in scruffy blue...wacky paint just isn't needed!

Not likely to be an issue on that run (if we ever get back to it anyway) anyhow as I'm usually designated pack mule so will likely be in the van!