Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

Also modern cars the bumpers are plastic usually, so slight bumps may do damage behind but the bumper springs back into place. Years back they designed cars so the front or rear end was solid to protect the passengers, but all it did was move the damage further back, the A post area was always a weak spot so it kinked there, or on a saloon it would break it's back at the C post. Now days they are designed so cabin is solid and front and rear end are the crumple areas, so when you see a relatively small accident and the front ends have desintrigated, it's all bolt on stuff. 

Double whammy outside a local auction house, this pair have both been sat there for years and neither are getting any better with the passage of time.    I think they use the DAF for storage but I have no idea why the S-Class is still there other than it's probably terminally broken and/or rotten - there's no numberplates on it so can't even do a cheeky MOT history check.  Apologies for the rubbish photo, it was a very sunny evening.

20200413_171029.thumb.jpg.fa8fe2ac81772a47c177593839ada807.jpg

On 3/27/2020 at 7:25 AM, Three Speed said:

I am that guy. Hi Scott - I hope you are well.

Traction gearbox explosiveness was a while ago now and the car is running fine. Albeit with a dying battery. To be replaced when I can be bothered to take the bonnet off to do it. It shares daily driver duties with the DS which is currently mid starter motor replacement. Expect some progress this weekend. I’ve been using the Saab recently too as the weather had been a bit iffy. But there’s little better than a hydraulic Citroen for tackling the floods - the french electrics are at the top but this does not apply to a GS / GSA. Expect a picture to prove the Citroens move soon.

How on earth did you find this place, or were you already aware? Actually I think there are are few CCC people on here. You should start a thread on your fleet, I think running a pair of ancient Citroens everyday will get a good response.