Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

3 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

My cover is blown. I’m midway through swapping the starter motor on the DS. The Traction is fine although could do with a new battery. I must have been out when mitsisigma01 was papping me because there’s no Saab in the drive. You’re welcome to stop by next time and I’ll pass a cup of tea through the window.

What is it that makes me SO nostalgic about reasonably average Ford motor cars of 80s and 90s vintage?  I have no idea - but I saw this at 0545 this morning and have thought about precious little else since.

These saloons give me the raging horn.  Top spec for office car park numberwang and the large displacement 6 cylinder engine for a full house.

I can't approach the garage about this one because reasons, but someone else might?  It's not explicitly for sale - but he has piles of old shit outside and is probably promising to get it back on the road one day.  Might be worth a call.

On 3/24/2020 at 3:18 PM, N19 said:

Out for my permitted one walk a day, these live nearby. 

Five minutes walk in one direction from our house is a large area of Forestry Commission land which you would think would be perfect for 'permitted exercise'. But no, because every one else has had the same idea so today we went round some of the local roads. 

Found these two within ten minutes of our house that I'd never seen before. 

IMG_20200326_092823.thumb.jpg.83f8917574e8d984a258a6b6e163bbcb.jpg

Look at this beauty. 

IMG_20200326_090157.thumb.jpg.4b67ed51e85c26076996e2724906e264.jpg

On 3/22/2020 at 11:30 PM, mitsisigma01 said:

Never seen either move, hopefully they do 

That's the guy who gave me a free mk1 BX. He doesn't have a modern car and the two Cits are daily drivers, but I know the Traction's gearbox exploded not too long ago and the DS is, well, a DS so no doubt having a bit of remedial work. There's more good stuff in the garage!

I am that guy. Hi Scott - I hope you are well.

Traction gearbox explosiveness was a while ago now and the car is running fine. Albeit with a dying battery. To be replaced when I can be bothered to take the bonnet off to do it. It shares daily driver duties with the DS which is currently mid starter motor replacement. Expect some progress this weekend. I’ve been using the Saab recently too as the weather had been a bit iffy. But there’s little better than a hydraulic Citroen for tackling the floods - the french electrics are at the top but this does not apply to a GS / GSA. Expect a picture to prove the Citroens move soon.