Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

I've done pretty well today, I think...

Bastard child of Ovlov & Renault.  Does anybody else remember when these were all over the place?  This examples has only done 37,500 miles.

IMG_4510.thumb.jpeg.c7ef9053d309ec87565554f939033f86.jpeg

...and my best spot of the decade.  On the A2, doing 60.  An Trabant!  Photo courtesy of Lady Grumpius.  I got excited and she couldn't work out why.  I just asked that she get a picture.

IMG_9007.thumb.jpeg.7e4dcda84293c47bac60aff2164e9182.jpeg

This has 128,000 miles on it.  Can you imagine how desperate you'd have to be to drive that much in this car?  I suppose it's only 4,250 or so a year - but still.

On 1/12/2020 at 6:27 PM, GrumpiusMaximus said:

Bastard child of Ovlov & Renault.  Does anybody else remember when these were all over the place?  This examples has only done 37,500 miles.

Yes.  My former head teacher had one.  It felt like a space ship compared to the Metro we had at the time.  That particular car had an alarming habit of frying the ECU handling basically all the interior systems.  Think it had been through five before it was given up on and sold on.

The other memory I have of working on one belonging to a friend is that the engine is center over at precisely the right angle to make getting to absolutely anything a nightmare.

Some shite in Portinatx in mid November last year. 

A slightly matt but really good E30 with the inevitable paint fade after 30 odd years of Baleric sun

rLYC7sv.jpg

A two door Jeep Cherokee diesel, with a slow puncture, keeping an 80s Merc company in the apartment car park.

DXpt5Bc.jpg

A lovely Mehari in Citroen racing orange

B9qmYoP.jpg

2 hours ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

Definitely a BL part, perhaps a case of parts bin sharing between manufacturers.

Seems there was a Hunter Super, and the one in the photos is a 1500, rather than a 1725.

DVLA sez it's taxed / exempt until September 2020, and is obviously MoT-exempt, but it clearly hasn't moved from this spot in a long while. The tyres are all losing pressure by the week.

The owner is probably a shiter, with various oul cars dotted in various places in North West London. I think he might also own the fintail Merc that I photographed a while back languishing behind a wheelie bin on the opposite side of the North Circular. 

UPDATE: he IS a shiter!! Knew I'd seen it before! The Hunter Super used to be parked here - the spot is now occupied by a fintail Merc that I photographed in June last!

IMG_20190615_171739.jpg

On 1/19/2020 at 8:58 PM, morrisoxide said:

I spotted this a few weeks back but wasn't able to get a picture. I knew I had a pic of it somewhere, it's taken me this long to find said pic.

I don't usually do Vdubs but this one caught my eye.  Quantum.

DSC_0913.jpg

Ha awesome, I've seen the same Quantum at the NEC Practical Classic Show in Birmingham back in March of last year, still wondering how it ended up here.

40491686513_30ac12597d_h.jpg