Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

9 hours ago, Spiny Norman said:

Found this beauty in the work's car park this morning. I had one of these about 20 years ago, one of the  cars I'm most happy to have been able to own in my life.

CX in work car park (1).JPG

CX in work car park (2).JPG

CX in work car park (3).JPG

CX in work car park (4).JPG

Belongs to a fella who goes by the name of Ally Getty on Farcebook. He's been considering selling it.....

CORRECTION: apparently it's NOT for sale. 

8 minutes ago, Spurious said:
21 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:
Belongs to a fella who goes by the name of Ally Getty on Farcebook. He's been considering selling it.....

What a gorgeous Citroen. I'd love one.

Hopefully it won't take you the 2.5 years it took me to find mine.  They are very thin on the ground. 

Went round to a garage ,DFTR Automotive, today to see about getting a new wheel bearing put on.

The owner loves Mazdas and has about three MX5s in, along with a Triumph Vitesse, 

two CFs, an MGB, a Datsun 120y and a T3. He's a restorer. Outside was the Mazda estate

he drives with a HUBNUT sticker. Yay ! 

DSC00624.JPG

7 hours ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

Yeah they have appeared in a few of Dollywobblers videos helping him fix various cars.

When they saw the Hubnut sticker on mine it opened up a good chat. The older bloke

used to work for a Pug dealer/ garage in Wolverhampton and used to work on 305s amongst

others so knows them well. Not that there is a lot to know about a base diesel 305.

Triumph were having a publicity shoot on Blackheath in London. The van and bike had come down from the factory in Hinckley.  I had a chat with the driver. They were just getting ready with the photographers and models nearby. Bikes not my thing but seems a beautiful machine. I had just stopped for a nice  cuppa in my C15 Citroen van - one of my favourite spots to stop. There is an old fashioned tea stall on the Old Dover Road if you are ever down there. Nice to see some of the Midlands manufacturing sector in action.

20191001_134012.jpg

20191001_134000.jpg

20191001_134014.jpg

On 10/1/2019 at 4:59 PM, mitsisigma01 said:

A Mercury Commuter if anyone was wondering 

I loved that car. Particularly for its Shere Hill Climb sticker. I’ve got one on my New Yorker. Here’s what the back of the Mercury looks like.  Shame it was such a wet day. The organisers had to cancel the display in the park. But we were placed in the Carfax so the Chrysler had a very wet day out.

39907E92-7925-48BD-923D-23C9FC70A396.jpeg

FD611E6F-A9E3-482D-B0CE-C42B79CF8542.jpeg

7CAAD189-373C-4C36-8309-D5DFCE453381.jpeg

23 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Pfft, common as muck; a chap along the road from me has one. ;)

You are of coarse right they were six at Bicester scramble in April, amazing!

I was quite rude to somebody from the Triumph club refusing to speak to them until I had had my fill, in case any run away or the whole display was a mirage!

P1090374 broad.jpg