Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

Well, today I got the train during daylight hours. With the leaves off the trees there is so much more to be seen other than just 'dark'. Absorbing the passing scenery suddenly... there it was!

Hidden not far from the railway was a medium sized shed and I could see an old green Mini Cooper reissue thing hanging out of the entrance and what was on the other side of the shed? That's right, the contents within was revealing a moss covered Cortina. Now I reckon as the mini and the cortina don't fit all the way in the shed, it must be rammed full of chod! These places still do exist!

Local to me and I know the old bloke. Real hoarder in the house type of guy and never bins a car but just fills them up with crap.

Current hoard is as follows:

1983 Mk1 vauxhall astra 1.6 estate

1987 mk2 ford fiesta 'festival 1.1 (behind the pallet) still wearing all of its original white wheel trims

1990 B11 Nissan Sunny 1.3 estate

1997 Mk3 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 estate

1997 Mk4 Ford Fiesta 1.3lx

1998 Vauxhall Corsda 1.4LS

He ran round in the fiesta (behind the pallet) for years and is soo tight with money he used to reline the brake shoes instead of buying new.

The corsa and mk4 fiesta are new within the last year or two but the fiesta now seems to be his daily.

And no, I've got no idea what's lurking under the green tarp but whatever it is, it'll be fooked as it's been like that for years!

Interesting fact that the building in the background is a former engine winding and pump house for the old colliery that was on the site around 1820.

post-5607-0-76643600-1549406111_thumb.jpg

59915052c01abcbd50ac0eaf873de081.jpg

This spot is my highlight of the year so far, can’t remember the last time I saw either van independently, let alone next to each other on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The (almost) monochrome nature of the photo also appeals. Shame about the Sports Direct truck!

Is that a celica? Nice shape.

Yup, looks like a North American spec RA24 Celica from 1977 running the 2.2 litre 20R engine, but with the big chunky federal bumpers swapped for European/JDM ones.

UK registered since November 2018. Quite possibly someone's track day weapon... definitely not what I was expecting to find parked in Belfast on a wet Thursday morning!

Has anyone ever seen a Hydrogen filling station?

There must be at least one in London because there's a few of these Toyota Mirai's around.

There are currently 7 operating in and around London - Hendon, Hatton Cross, Teddington, Leyton and Rainham inside the M25 and Cobham Services on the M25 and Beaconsfield. The only one i have actually seen is the Cobham one. Another is planned for Gatwick soon - near me. There are others further afield - mainly in the south - more info here: https://www.netinform.net/h2/h2stations/h2stations.aspx

So far Toyota and Hyundai will only lease you their cars if your driving pattern qualifies, and only then as part of the HyFive project which is currently fully subscribed - but later this year Hyundai will sell cars outright to anyone who shows up with 60k pounds. Seems a lot for anything with a Hyundai badge. 

Local to me and I know the old bloke. Real hoarder in the house type of guy and never bins a car but just fills them up with crap.

Current hoard is as follows:

1983 Mk1 vauxhall astra 1.6 estate

1987 mk2 ford fiesta 'festival 1.1 (behind the pallet) still wearing all of its original white wheel trims

1990 B11 Nissan Sunny 1.3 estate

1997 Mk3 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 estate

1997 Mk4 Ford Fiesta 1.3lx

1998 Vauxhall Corsda 1.4LS

He ran round in the fiesta (behind the pallet) for years and is soo tight with money he used to reline the brake shoes instead of buying new.

The corsa and mk4 fiesta are new within the last year or two but the fiesta now seems to be his daily.

And no, I've got no idea what's lurking under the green tarp but whatever it is, it'll be fooked as it's been like that for years!

Interesting fact that the building in the background is a former engine winding and pump house for the old colliery that was on the site around 1820.

I'll prob end up somewhere like that when I'm too old to give a shit. Come to think of it I'm halfway there already!