Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

Surprised to encounter a Dodge Spacevan in Newtownabbey - quite possibly ex-BT going by the yellow paint (though lots of not-quite-matched touch up paint around the lower flanks)...

post-17915-0-98161600-1546044287_thumb.jpg

Too far away to get the plate, but I think it was PUF***X. Pic crap due to low light/long distance/traffic light about to change.

It was signwritten for Abbey Fireplaces on the Shore Road in Belfast, so I might amble in someday and see what the craic is... I'm fairly sure I haven't seen one of these on the roads locally since about 1986.

Filth

Just looking at that is making my spine hurt...Never ceases to amaze me how adding RS in front of the number for a modern Audi basically equates to "make a horrifically uncomfortable car even more catastrophically painful to spend time in."

We had a Scirocco R a few years ago, and the boomy exhaust note at full acceleration made half the interior buzz - and made you want to claw your ears out of your skull after about 20 minutes on the motorway.

24098aa91824ffb1b45ac108a2a050b9.jpg

Up the Aldi this afternoon I was treated to this absolutely beauty. It looked as good as new. My uncle bought one of these 6 months old in 1999 that he still has (although his is a 528i) and it’s such a great car.

For me, this is one of the best looking ‘normal’ cars ever made.

7c709eb5ca8914d69764af2cac991eee.jpg

I reckon I’m having a better day than this fella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another one from Mrs Yoss. She really is getting good at this now, proper crap photo from the driving seat with bonus Felicia velour in the foreground.

attachicon.gif20181229_114414.jpg

But did they ever really do an A35 convertible or is this home made.

It's basically a homer but quite neatly done with a proper channel for the top to sit in.   Shame to chop out the only unrusty part of an A35 though....

Another one from Mrs Yoss. She really is getting good at this now, proper crap photo from the driving seat with bonus Felicia velour in the foreground.

20181229_114414.jpg

But did they ever really do an A35 convertible or is this home made.

I think that is my old one LFF178, it was converted a few years ago one of the times I didn’t own it.

Edited to add, no it's not my old one, as I've zoomed in on the plate, that one has a proper folding hood (using a cut down minor convertible frame)