Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

Not quite rip off, more development as Fiat were directly involved. In fact, these replaced rebadged 131s.

More of a Regata.

I think the Tofas production line may have featured in the Michael Keaton film "Gung Ho".... It certainly had a factory full of what looked like Fiat Regatas.

gung-ho-2-638.jpg

EFA: apparently the production line was in Argentina, not Turkey. I was way off.

One of my Uncles in Singapore ran one of these - albeit badged as a Mitsubishi Galant Sigma. Nice enough - very effective air-conditioning.

Sort of wrong, It is a Mitsubishi Sigma, badged with Galant Sigma for some markets and Colt for some others. There are probably other variations too !

Sort of wrong, It is a Mitsubishi Sigma, badged with Galant Sigma for some markets and Colt for some others. There are probably other variations too !

Badged as the Chrysler Sigma in Australia as Mitsubishi had just bought the Chrysler Australia factory and started production of Sigmas and Galants.

Some more sideways photos of stuff presumably heading for the NEC, all spotted northbound on the M40 around Oxford. Highlight was the first spotted, a glorious 2200 HLS. All got a beep and thumbs up from me as I passed in the L200 and trailer, and all responded. Brightened up a dull trip of 939 miles in one go!

Apologies for the shite quality of the pictures. They would have been better if my passenger* had concentrated on taking the photos, rather than leaning over to my side* of the cab to make it look* like I had taken the photos whilst driving.

post-5203-0-71628700-1541781285_thumb.jpg

post-5203-0-03296300-1541781414_thumb.jpg

post-5203-0-95763200-1541781487_thumb.jpg

post-5203-0-15390400-1541781549_thumb.jpg

post-5203-0-81267700-1541781610_thumb.jpg

Is this some sort of grey import Ssangyong?

EDIT: No, it's an 85-88 Dong-A Korando. Quite proud of that as spots go.

ZLakO4e.jpg

oxNlWxU.jpg

I like this, purely because my old music teacher Mr Costello (Datsuncog probably knows him) used to have one exactly like this and do handbrake turns on the basketball court after school.

NMMzlRo.jpg

Spotted this beautiful beige 1980-vintage Violet a while ago in Epsom. Given its general (very rusty) state I'm amazed it passed the MOT. 

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
  • Nearside Rear Nail in tyre ()
  • Offside Front Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material (1.1.11 ©)
  • Nearside Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive inner and outer sills (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Offside Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive inner and outer sills (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Nearside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive inner and outer wheel arches (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Offside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive inner and outer wheel arches (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Front Vehicle structure is corroded but structural rigidity is not significantly reduced (6.1.1 © (i))
  • Rear Vehicle structure is corroded but structural rigidity is not significantly reduced (6.1.1 © (i))
  • Nearside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive inner wing (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Offside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive inner wing (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • general corrosion to floor pans

post-20567-0-72290900-1542270166_thumb.jpg

Spotted this beautiful beige 1980-vintage Violet a while ago in Epsom. Given its general (very rusty) state I'm amazed it passed the MOT. 

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
  • Nearside Rear Nail in tyre ()
  • Offside Front Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material (1.1.11 ©)
  • Nearside Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive inner and outer sills (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Offside Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive inner and outer sills (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Nearside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive inner and outer wheel arches (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Offside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive inner and outer wheel arches (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Front Vehicle structure is corroded but structural rigidity is not significantly reduced (6.1.1 © (i))
  • Rear Vehicle structure is corroded but structural rigidity is not significantly reduced (6.1.1 © (i))
  • Nearside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive inner wing (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Offside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive inner wing (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • general corrosion to floor pans

That is quite a bit of corrosion, evenly spread....

This Landie lives round the corner. Doesn't look quite right does it?

30971022897_023bc3bce4_c.jpg

1994 Land Rover Discovery TDI by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

I remember when it was a standard Discovery, then it got rolled over so the chap chopped off the original body and grafted this on. Fair play to him, putting a Series body on a Disco chassis isn't easy so it took a couple of years of graft that he did entirely on his driveway..