Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

Anything but shite spotted at Lakeside Ikea this evening:

post-24320-0-49111800-1522878192_thumb.jpg

post-24320-0-37318300-1522878205_thumb.jpg

Lady Grumpius fully understood why I made a strange noise and parked the car again...

Missing chrome door strip on the driver side passenger and some black duct tape on the interior but otherwise in very decent nick.  Used but not abused.  Just lovely in every way.

Anything but shite spotted at Lakeside Ikea this evening:

attachicon.gifIMG_0831.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0830.jpg

...Missing chrome door strip on the driver side passenger and some black duct tape on the interior but otherwise in very decent nick.  Used but not abused.  Just lovely in every way.

Also the most desirable spec, DS23 (fuel injected) plus RHD. Very rare now. That's about twenty grand's worth of DS all day long.

Also the most desirable spec, DS23 (fuel injected) plus RHD. Very rare now. That's about twenty grand's worth of DS all day long.

Thanks for the info!  I'm not up to speed on the DS but I knew it was a good one.  I did inform my other half that it was worth 'many, many thousands'.

Loved the colour.  A subtle purple.

Give my right nut for it.

Thanks for the info!  I'm not up to speed on the DS but I knew it was a good one.  I did inform my other half that it was worth 'many, many thousands'.

Loved the colour.  A subtle purple.

Give my right nut for it.

Difficult to judge, but the lack of visible gear lever sticking up from dash suggests column shift manual or possibly Borg-Warner full auto.

Shouldn't that L reg'd GXL have the earlier slope away dash with the recessed dials?

When did the flat wood effect dash come in, as carried over to the Mk 3?

Christ, am I a boring bastard....

I'm sure SoC will be along with more accurate info, but yes you're right , the flat dash come in late 73. At the same time, I think, that the GXL became the 2000E so no GXL would ever have had that dash.

Maybe a tax free ringer or Life On Mars ringer, or possibly someone changed the dash because they preferred the later style, I know which one the owner would tell you!

I'm sure SoC will be along with more accurate info, but yes you're right , the flat dash come in late 73. At the same time, I think, that the GXL became the 2000E so no GXL would ever have had that dash....!

Never liked the early dash. Sunken recessed clocks were feckin' hard to see. Real triumph of design, there. Flat raised dash much better.

The early dash was designed by Roy Axe. He 'imported' it to the early Austin Maxi dash when he joined British Leyland when he was asked to tidy up the Maxi prior to it coming to market. The Maxi of course also reverted to a flat dash.

Not one of his strengths, then.

Maybe a tax free ringer or Life On Mars ringer, or possibly someone changed the dash because they preferred the later style, I know which one the owner would tell you!

I was thinking this. There used to be a Triumph 2000 mk2 estate round here, not seen it for a few years now. But it was on an H plate, so tax exempt, but was so very obviously a 2500S, so obviously not exempt. I mean you could take absolutely everything from the S and transfer it to an early shell then paint it a late colour but, really would you? Of course most people would never know the difference but I wasn't fooled.