Seen any 13 Reg shite yet ?

406V6

The new 13 reg came out two weeks ago on the 1st of this month. So far I've seen a few of them, entirely – and not surprisingly given the nature of this area – over-rated rear-drive bahnstormers. Then last week I bumped into the next door neighbour who said she'd got a new job with a company car. The over-rated rear-drive bahnstormer was sold and this thing turned up. Pig ugly with crap all-round visibility. And the colour. This is the new beige. Presumably it's standard issue from the stationery cupboard for new starters along with a blue ballpoint pen and pack of yellow stickies. Why would anyone choose such a dismal colour ? Definitely future-shite.

civic_zps65ddeab4.jpg

"Mr Cool" has kept utterly meaningless track of the first regs he's seen for several years now:

07 Volvo V70

57 DAF XF

08 Mercedes-Benz Vito

58 Seat Ibiza

09 Land Rover Discovery

59 BMW X5

10 Peugeot 308

60 Audi A3

11 Vauxhall Astra

61 Peugeot 308

12 Renault Clio

62 Vauxhall Corsa

13 Audi A7

Sadly the 13 reg will now be bringing us new levels of numberplate tragedy - I've already seen MR13 ETZ cleverly modified to say "MR BETZ"

only thing I have noticed was some new buses in town. Incidentally they are advertising some new bus service on the radio, 'crewe link' or something. With leather seats and wi-fi. What the fook you need those on a bus for I have no idea but I assume it is some waste of money government funded scheme to get more folk on buses.

I've done 1100 miles this month in this

8518044049_d8cbb9f32d.jpg

DSC_2394 by RichardB5, on Flickr

and I don't think the number of 13 plates I've spotted is into double figures yet.

only thing I have noticed was some new buses in town. Incidentally they are advertising some new bus service on the radio, 'crewe link' or something. With leather seats and wi-fi. What the fook you need those on a bus for I have no idea but I assume it is some waste of money government funded scheme to get more folk on buses.

The "express" type buses up here have had leather and wi-fi for a few years now. I've only been on one for a shortish journey and it was quite a pleasant place to be. With the hideous cost of public transport they have to give you something.

"Mr Cool" has kept utterly meaningless track of the first regs he's seen for several years now:

07 Volvo V70

57 DAF XF

08 Mercedes-Benz Vito

58 Seat Ibiza

09 Land Rover Discovery

59 BMW X5

10 Peugeot 308

60 Audi A3

11 Vauxhall Astra

61 Peugeot 308

12 Renault Clio

62 Vauxhall Corsa

13 Audi A7

Sadly the 13 reg will now be bringing us new levels of numberplate tragedy - I've already seen MR13 ETZ cleverly modified to say "MR BETZ"

I saw MR13 ETZ the other day too...must be a local tosser :wink:

Shame they discontinued the spaceship so early, they're dead popular with us yoofs at work.

On the plus side they're still probably the most reliable cars on sale today, the interior quality and design is fantastic, they actually have a boot unlike the new Focus, and now they've made a proper diesel you'll do 100mpg, or something. The thinking man's car.

I've seen loads of 13 plate cars around here and loaded lots of 13 plate lorries at work too, Those new Civics are a real backwards step in the styling, really ugly where as the last shape is very pretty and funky in my eyes and will more then likely end up being new daily replacement.

Was out in the Merc Vitan near Perth the other day. Was going to use it to swallow some guy in a Volvo. He was too fast though. Even after I wedged a paperclip into the throttle pivot to give the peddle another 10mm of travel.

Seen a couple of First Glasgow Enviros in the new colour scheme on a 13-plate. Think it quite suits them as well...

...wonder if new car sales will drop further as a result of an 'unlucky' number plate? :?:

Just the one for me, taken on the 1st March.

8564976230_7b35cfb11f_b.jpg

Well that counts as proper shite, getting extra shite points for the colour. As it's a Fiat I wonder how many days all those lights will continue to work before an impossible-to-find electrical gremlin condemns them to intermittent darkness ?

A little Mazda (the Fiesta-sized one, is that a 2?), on the back of a trailer, at 5.30am on the 1st March. The sad thing is, it was seeing a new reg that reminded me it was March and not February any more - I'm that tuned in to what looks right and wrong on a plate. The car, I suppose, was someone's pressie to be delivered at the crack of dawn.

Years ago my granddad had a Cortina 80, on a Y plate in 1982. Because the dealer knew they were going to be rushed off their feet on 1st August, they let him take it home at the end of July as long as he promised to keep it in the garage for a few days.

Fat rep cock at the other end of our street has a 13 reg A4.

He's a really interesting bloke (possibly, as he never ever speaks to me)

who used to back his repmobile straight out of his drive and bounce his low profiles up the opposite kerb...

...until he backed it straight into a lamppost.

Wanker - does not come even close to this idiot.

Towards the back end of the late 80’s - early 90’s, most of the local dealers would open up for new car collections at midnight for those that wanted to piss the Jones’s off when they opened the curtains in the morning.

The dealership where I worked was just over the road from the local nick, and you could guarantee that at exactly midnight, a fleet of shiny new dibble cars would pull out of the car park.

I could probably rattle off 4 0r 5 PDI & plates an hour on bonus or 2 an hour if I was on the clock. One trade plate lobbed on for road test if it had a rear wiper fitted, and no trade plate if it didn’t. I was 16 when the foreman sent me out round the block on road test in the first one.

I passed my driving test 23 years ago yesterday, and I’ve never wanted to buy a brand new car. The newest car I’ve ever owned has just had the first mot done, and the oldest I’ve owned is parked on the drive in need of one.

I may be talking shite but I read somewhere that the DLVA were allowing superstitious/stupid folk to opt for a 62 plate instead of a 13 which may account for there not being so many about although I can't believe/hope against hope that there aren't that many people who'd be that worried about having a 13 plate on their car.

The only 13s I've noticed so far have been vans.