Whats the best car film of all time

58classiccars

If you want to know what films any car was in or what cars were in any film then this is the site :

http://www.imcdb.org/

for example La Dolce Vita:

http://www.imcdb.org/movie.php?id=53779

is not a car film as such, but cars play a big part in the lifestyles of the characters.

BTW, Herbie goes to Monte Carlo must now appear on my list as it briefly includes a Lancia Fulvia Zagato :)

On the sweeney background side, have just got an early 80's BBC series on DVD called the 'Chinese Detective' - written by Sweeney writer Ian Kennedy Martin (incidentally his brother, Troy Kennedy Martin wrote 'Edge of Darkness'). Enjoyed both the series but the vehicle use and background scenes are some of the best I've scene...

The Chinese Detective is brilliant for shite-spotting - and most of the cars in it are the right age to be listed on the DVLA site as well!

Some great suggestions here, and nearly all of my favourites! but how about the 1977 crime thriller 'The squeeze' which features a battered MK3 Zodiac taxi driven by Freddie Star, including a fantastic chase sequence through tat laden West London streets in pursuit of a BMW 2002. The Zodiac is also in the finale of the film when it rams the villains Commer PB minibus into a shop front.Another few worth checking out for lovers of all things sixties are 'Robbery' the 1967 film based on the great train robbery, and 'Villain' starring Richard Burton, a very young Ian McShane (Lovejoy) and loads of quality motors including S type jag, MK4 Zodiac and Zephyr, MK1 Triumph 2000, Austin Princess 3 litre MK2 and MK1 Capri.....

Some great suggestions here, and nearly all of my favourites! but how about the 1977 crime thriller 'The squeeze' which features a battered MK3 Zodiac taxi driven by Freddie Star, including a fantastic chase sequence through tat laden West London streets in pursuit of a BMW 2002. The Zodiac is also in the finale of the film when it rams the villains Commer PB minibus into a shop front.

Is that the one with Stacy Keach in it? I may have caught that once during some late night Channel 5 film viewing. I seem to recall I was annoyed that a Robin Askwith film wasn't on :lol:

The Cars That Ate Paris [AU]Mad Max 1 n 2 [AU]Running on Empty [AU] 80sGoodbye Pork Pie [NZ] ..ive sat in that Mini...mate had it in storage..Trash Palace [NZ]..photographed the yard where this was setMk2 Zephry[NZ]The CarOrig. Gone in 60 SecsCheech n Chong moviesDuel ,Bullitt ,Shaft ,Dirty Mary Crazy Larry,Vanishing PointSpeedway with ElvisLe Mans ,Grand Prix ,Chitty Chitty Bang BangHarold and Maude..with the E-Type hearse..fantastic movieThe Last Beach..Fred Astaire exhausts himself to death in a vintage Ferrari!The SweeneyThe Professionals...utter shite but great cars!

Firstly, I'm back! Back I tells ya! Turns out, all you have to do is remeber yer password, and then you can use the site! Amazing!Anyways, a particularly good Autoshite film is....THREADS.Very depressing film, but as good as it was in 1984 if u ask me.

I remember watching THREADS when it first came out. Scared the sh*t out of me at the time, especially as I lived near Sheffield back then. Didnt really remember it having loads of kit in it, but have always wanted to watch it again anyway. Now another good reason to.

I've watched bits of Threads on Youtube, and it still scares the bejeezus out of me now. Still, as I live a stone's throw from AWE Aldermaston, I don't have to worry about the collapse of civilisation if the bomb drops, as I'll be among the first to go :lol:I believe there is also another crazy German film called "Manta Magic" which is on a similar theme :roll: Luc Besson did it so much better with "TAXI", I tells ya...

On the sweeney background side, have just got an early 80's BBC series on DVD called the 'Chinese Detective' - written by Sweeney writer Ian Kennedy Martin (incidentally his brother, Troy Kennedy Martin wrote 'Edge of Darkness'). Enjoyed both the series but the vehicle use and background scenes are some of the best I've scene...

And to make matters just that bit weirder, the Chinese Detective (well, the actor that played him) used to sell beds in Liverpools St John's Market when he wasn't acting.