Shite in miniature

MrRegieRitmo

Has anyone actually bought anything from a China / Hong kong seller?They are always mega cheap (inc. diecasts) but I just get the feeling the goods will never arrive! or will be shit.

I have been very tempted to, but i dont want to wait a long amount of time, and i dont want to wait for something that could be damaged.Are they factory rejects? Or just stolen....

It's hardly third-world! I've bought tons of stuff from HK without issue, usually arrives within a week by standard cheapo airmail. Never had a problem myself - most HK international sellers seem to be more professional than UK ones.

Has anyone actually bought anything from a China / Hong kong seller?They are always mega cheap (inc. diecasts) but I just get the feeling the goods will never arrive! or will be shit.

I have been very tempted to, but i dont want to wait a long amount of time, and i dont want to wait for something that could be damaged.Are they factory rejects? Or just stolen....
I bought an R4 van from a seller in China. No real problem - delivery was about three weeks but it arrived ok. That said, it didn't come was a box, plinth or any sort of packaging but depends whether that bothers you. Theres loads of cheap stuff on eBay coming from China, but unless its REALLY cheap the postage cost makes it not worth the hassle.

I like to think that Marina is being transported to a workshop diorama, where its engine, suspension and brakes are being grafted onto a Morris Minor :wink: Would O gauge model railway scenery do for a background? It's about 1/48, so not too far out and real buildings do vary quite a bit in size. I would think a scout through a model railway magazine should give some suppliers.

Occaisonally the loose stuff may have a mirror broken or something but 99.9% of my many Hong Kong/China models have been spot on and as Hirst says they seem to put a lot of effort into it. The dollar/pound rate buggered it up a bit last year but bargains are still out there.

One I'm more likely to splash the cash for (due to the lesser chance of it appearing in diecast) is the white metal Avenger estate! :wink:

Don't - I got the saloon when it first came out as Vanguards hadn't yet announced theirs - the front end is not a very good effort. Spend that kind of money on a Neo Saab 99 instead!

I bought an R4 van from a seller in China. No real problem - delivery was about three weeks but it arrived ok. That said, it didn't come was a box, plinth or any sort of packaging but depends whether that bothers you. Theres loads of cheap stuff on eBay coming from China, but unless its REALLY cheap the postage cost makes it not worth the hassle.
They always offer the newest releases long before they officially make it over here - nabbed of the production line surely?!?! Otherwise they would be properly packaged.I will resort to them in times when I simply must have something & it appears to be the only way to get hold of it, for instance when the properly packaged releases over here have sold out & they're offering a loose one then I may decide that it's better than nothing. But as a rule I don't like buying loose models unless it's something old!

(plus when (if) they come; the Orion, Passat, Scirocco, Polo, Senator, plus others probably)

I think it's more a case of IF rather than WHEN unfortunately! They might come to the UK but I wouldn't bet on it being this year. Or even the first quarter of next year. I'll be asking my contact if he thinks there will be any more although I suspect he won't really know tbh. :roll:Without wanting to sound like I'm trying too hard to sell the Fiestas, don't leave it too long as they are selling very fast and have only come into the UK in a relatively small number so won't be around forever.

Dragged a few of my own collection out (as opposed to the stuff we sell y'see) to do a bit of shite-themed photography....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have the CX in green, the low loader recovery vehicle in Citroen livery (but an additional beaver tail style one in Peugeot livery) the R5 by Vitesse in Campus colours and that good old Marina model which is always a favourite. The Twingo (Vitesse? Norev?) in various colours but not that one...

Without wanting to sound like I'm trying too hard to sell the Fiestas, don't leave it too long as they are selling very fast and have only come into the UK in a relatively small number so won't be around forever.

Must be the usual Ford fascination people have...

Do you have any more of that DS Michelin model yet? :P One I'm tempted to stump up for which has just come out is the Minichamps 850 estate as I'd never managed to get one, they always seemed to attract a lot of bidders & now after a few years they've finally released another one. With it being in plain white you can guarantee that 99.99999999% of them will end up as police car models making it more collectable for people who just want to keep it standard! :)

Do you have any more of that DS Michelin model yet? :P

No, sorry :(

One I'm tempted to stump up for which has just come out is the Minichamps 850 estate as I'd never managed to get one, they always seemed to attract a lot of bidders & now after a few years they've finally released another one. With it being in plain white you can guarantee that 99.99999999% of them will end up as police car models making it more collectable for people who just want to keep it standard! :)

Yes, any white Volvos tend to go that way. I'd say thats the reason Minichamps make them in plain white...

lobster do you know much about the proposed/planned launch of the IXO ford granada in gold?

Doesn't mean much to me so maybe not. I'll check and let you know though...

And im looking at neo models as something to possibly purchase in the future, The MKIII granada being the most tempting so far.

NEO stuff is really good. It's also really expensive which is a shame as they are doing some interesting models. We are stocking some of the range, but not all of it as it's a bit difficult to sell due to the price!

NEO stuff is really good. It's also really expensive which is a shame as they are doing some interesting models. We are stocking some of the range, but not all of it as it's a bit difficult to sell due to the price!

Considering not so long ago they were upto £10 cheaper, do you think they'll cotton onto this & put the price back to where it should be???It's a pity but at the current price I reckon they're closer to white metal prices rather than diecast which makes me want to hold on until Minichamps produce something similar! :?