Shite in miniature

MrRegieRitmo

Blimey - I'm definetly intersted in the 605!!!These 1/18 ones all seem to go for serious coin on the bay - £15 is a bargain.If theres any chance you can hold onto it until 26th May, when I get paid, I can paypal the funds straight over.EDIT: PM'ed

PM'd back. Feel free to call me a complete cunt.Weird, that one on the bay has tinted yellow light lenses. Mine hasn't - has he coloured them in?Fucking well expensive IMHO. I bought mine from a bloke in Eccles off the Bay and he had no interest in it apart from me.They're a strangely detailed model really. Some of the panel fits \ castings are quite crude, and yet the tyres are well detailed. Also, mine doesn't have a brown tinge - its a dark gunmetal grey, and like this geezer's, the paint finish is pretty rubbish.

Blimey - I'm definetly intersted in the 605!!!These 1/18 ones all seem to go for serious coin on the bay - £15 is a bargain.If theres any chance you can hold onto it until 26th May, when I get paid, I can paypal the funds straight over.EDIT: PM'ed

PM'd back. Feel free to call me a complete cunt.Weird, that one on the bay has tinted yellow light lenses. Mine hasn't - has he coloured them in?Fucking well expensive IMHO. I bought mine from a bloke in Eccles off the Bay and he had no interest in it apart from me.They're a strangely detailed model really. Some of the panel fits \ castings are quite crude, and yet the tyres are well detailed. Also, mine doesn't have a brown tinge - its a dark gunmetal grey, and like this geezer's, the paint finish is pretty rubbish.
Not at all, get it bayed, esp if you need the coin!I'm at a complete loss as to why these are worth almost more than the real thing, as you say, their construction is very '1990', but they are also super-rare. WANT

Weird, that one on the bay has tinted yellow light lenses. Mine hasn't - has he coloured them in?Fucking well expensive IMHO. I bought mine from a bloke in Eccles off the Bay and he had no interest in it apart from me.They're a strangely detailed model really. Some of the panel fits \ castings are quite crude, and yet the tyres are well detailed. Also, mine doesn't have a brown tinge - its a dark gunmetal grey, and like this geezer's, the paint finish is pretty rubbish.

My XM was similarly unspectacular, only the bonnet & the boot open, none of the doors do, it seemed pretty basic to me & IIRC one of the door mirrors fell off once in my custody. It would be completely put to shame by the equivalent 1/18 Minichamps or Autoart today, even the modern day Solidos! Picked it up at a Swapmeet for about 18 quid I think, all boxed & everything, didn't realise at all that it had any kind of significance. Either the vendor didn't either or the people 'bigging' them up are playing us all for fools!Certainly that 605 seller on the bay now must be havin a giraffe! No windscreen wipers, & I reckon the lights must have been coloured in / painted whatever & there's no way it was produced in 1985, 95 maybe but the 604 was still a young car in 85, cars didn't look like the 605 in 85. It may have been a sketch on a designer's pad but it would have been a bit 'far out man' :o

It was at £30 a few days ago, and was dearer than that at the beginning of last week - must be the credit crunch or something!Mr W's was indeed cheaper, but I didnt want to let this one pass. I think he could probably get more for his too if its in better nick. :)

It was at £30 a few days ago, and was dearer than that at the beginning of last week - must be the credit crunch or something!Mr W's was indeed cheaper, but I didnt want to let this one pass. I think he could probably get more for his too if its in better nick. :)

Nice one Ian!Errrm, will be boshing mine on the Bay...........to the sound of deafening silence probably.

• 1 month later...

Nope, Same part number as well, Even comes up on google as £24.95, My guess it that the higest bidder that paid £82 is a muppet.

Yes & it's muppets like them that have let me keep the faith with eBay in the knowledge that some auctions randomly go to stupid money for no rhyme or reason! They must need their head read or are so incredibly lazy they can't look for another item....or they simply refuse to lose an auction at whatever cost. Must be an expensive life they lead!I was wondering to myself whether this seller would actually sell anything at their astonishingly inflated prices but I forgot about people like those mentioned above that will always help greedy sellers take full advantage!http://toys.shop.ebay.co.uk/items/Dieca ... m14?_pgn=1

For instance here's an act of lunacy from the above seller. I watched this Norev Golf a couple of months back on offer at an eye-watering £95 buy it now or make an offer. Unsurprisingly it didn't sell & after a while of it being relisted & relisted blah blah blah I gave up watching it, there was no way I was going to pay that or anything like that.

Anyway tonight I stumbled across his auctions & it's there for sale again at an absolutely ludicrous £175 buy it now or make an offer. Let me get this right....it doesn't sell for £95 or less, so it's now going to sell for £175 instead is it?? WTF!?!?! Seeing as it was previously up for £95, would it be right to assume that an offer of £95 would be accepted on it's latest '£175 buy it now or make an offer' listing?? (Hmmmm.....I'm somehow very dubious that an offer £80 below the buy it now would be accepted!).

It's not like this is a recent release that could have plausibly gained in the value over the last couple of months, let's not forget it didn't sell at the already stupidly expensive £95. Seller is on cloud cuckoo land of almost RayManBoy proportions!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-NOREV-VW-GOL ... 1|294%3A50

Likewise with this other Norev Golf (which I incidentally bought an example of a few months back for an 'over the odds' £47) this seller had up at £75 buy it now or make an offer....relisted, relisted, relisted etc......now suddenly worth £125! How did you work that one out?? If it sells now then the seller & the buyer deserve each other! :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-NOREV-VW-GOL ... 1|294%3A50

Some sellers do try and take the piss a bit, fortunately we're not all like that :wink:

Thing is though, some Minichamps 1/43 stuff - normally '80's Fords, most Alfas and some VWs can sell for a massive premium if you are prepared to wait. We work on the basis that we'd rather have customers who are pleased with what they buy and the service they get rather than ripping them off to make an inflated profit, that way you get a decent repeat customer base whilst at the same time making an acceptable level of profit. Everyones happy!

Can't really understand the MC Alfa 164 though. All the Alfa models that come in the red presentation box have sold very well but that seems to be a bit extreme, especially when there are still plenty available on ebay for much less.

*cough* http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-ALFA-ROMEO-1 ... 0433152071 *cough*

Can't really understand the MC Alfa 164 though. All the Alfa models that come in the red presentation box have sold very well but that seems to be a bit extreme, especially when there are still plenty available on ebay for much less. *cough* http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-ALFA-ROMEO-1 ... 0433152071 *cough*

I'm going to put it down to the fact that once certain people get into a bidding war, it becomes less about the actual item & more about just winning it. I'd love to be able to be so frivolous with my hard earned!I admit I was a bit taken aback by how the 1st issue blue one appears to have become so scarce soon after release, I didn't realise the 164 had such a following!Owing to the fact I have got so behind with my Minichamps, I had been planning to get the 164, the 83 Spider in red, the 83 GTV6 also in red & the grey 83 GTV6 from Octopussy. I think I will now plump for this red 164 or wait until they churn out one in the traditional Alfa rosso red!

Yay - beige Favorit! Can you get any lower down the automotive desirability table??

Posted Image

Abrex do some great Skoda models these days.

Surprised looking comedy old lorry:

Posted Image

and a nice new one from Oxford, ZB Magnette:

Posted Image

I've just got their Jensen Interceptor on the cheap and it's a lovely model. Mine is gold as beggars can't be choosers, but this one is attractive too:

Posted Image

It's unfortunate that Neo are choosing such excellent subjects for their models because I may end up having to bite the bullet & get hold of some of them, which I resent doing now that they've priced themselves near enough to that of handbuilts & white metals / resins. Can it really be justified, or might you just as well pay the little bit extra & buy the handbuilt/white metal/resin stuff? Where does the smart money lie? :? The price of Spark stuff doesn't look so outrageous now that Neo are trying to ask questions of their collectors!

That 404 looks good, who makes that?You used to get decent money for those Conrad MkII Sciroccos, I'm talking £50+ for mint boxed but now Norev & Neo have stepped up, although for 'value' I'd seek out the Norev one!That 411 looks like the same Minichamps one I have - don't tell me you found it loose & in worn condition? :shock: Blasphemous :lol:

almost forgot i got this to (jade was playing with it and itsnt impressed i took it off her to photograph :lol:

Toyota Land Cruiser 1:36 Majorette

Posted Image

all i got today were Norev (all are used too dont buy new anymore with the kids about :wink: )

Scirocco Mk2 is a conrad one did have box etc... i paid 20 notes for it about 10 years ago :), Scirocco Mk1 and 411 both minichamps

Porsche part of a collection of 20 odd which have mostly now disappeared

:evil:

Toyota FJ jeep looks goodMkI Scirocco is a Minichamps!? :shock: I was going to ask if it was a Solido or an Auto Pilen! I'd like to know who can afford to buy their children £20 Minichamps collector models to play with as toys! More money than sense some people :)

Some quite tasty finds there! I like the 404 and the Sciroccos.I take it you washed them at the kitchen sink lol? I always do that to any old models that I have just purchased!I also like the look of your shelf, stacked with some models with some bits missing. It looks like a kind of breakers yard from the 80's - I like that!My model purchasing has taken a bit of a hit at the moment, funds are just not what they used to be :(