Shite in miniature

MrRegieRitmo

Minature shite collection update:

After getting the 'Cars of the Soviet Union' book for my birthday I've gone all GAZ, UAZ etc lol:

Mosky Estate:

Posted Image

UAZ Hunter (sorry wont let me link to pic on listing)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... otohosting

GAZ Volga (wont let me link again)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0255757439

ZIL 115

Posted Image

Which is one of these:

Posted Image

Mosky 2141 Aleko

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Just looked, sadly there appear to be no 120y kits, shame although the last thing I need is more kit shite with 5 being ordered!m0rris

You won't get a 120Y kit in 1/32, only in either 1/24 or 1/28 and ALL the kits I have ever seen have been of the Japanese market Sunny Excellent coupe (KPB210) which isn't much like a UK car.

1/28 120y, that would probably do, I supposed it is half ways there between 24th and 32, do you know where one could be purchased?!As for the 5 kits.; they are more kit shite then shite cars with a 1934 ford "3-window coupe" , `1934 ford convertible, ford tudor, and camor nd a challenger, all in 1/32 and kits that orignated before I was born!m0rris

1/28 120y, that would probably do, I supposed it is half ways there between 24th and 32, do you know where one could be purchased?!

I'm afraid they are all obsolete now so unless you get lucky on ebay.com, your only hope is yahoo japan auctions via rinkya.com. Expect to pay a fair whack for a kit though... they aren't as cheap as they were five years ago when I was buying a few.

I've got the Doyusha Nostalgic Hero kit of the Sunny coupe, and to be honest I wonder whether it's actually 1:24 at all, or maybe a bit larger. It's not a great kit whatever, aside from the usual shallow interior (due to the battery box) the moulding is quite thick, arches aren't well-shaped and the kit doesn't have that crispness of a lot of Japanese stuff. It's not one I get out of the box and instantly start daydreaming about how I'd build it, but I'm sure its day will come if I can think of the right wheels and maybe put some arch flares on it.

I think the Doyusha kit is 1/22. The Eidai Grip kits are 1/24 I think but I've not seen one in the flesh and they are a bit pricey on Japanese auctions. I'm not a huge fan of the B210 so I doubt i'll be buying one any time soon! I had the 1/28 scale Otaki kit which was very nicely detailed and quite accurate but in a silly scale.

I don't collect Hot Wheels, but I noticed in Morrisons recently that they hang them down in random aisles (presumably so bored kids can bother their folks for one) at temptingly low prices, something like 99p. Was in there to get a cheap sandwich and some Monster Munch etc. but I saw a beautiful Dodge Coronet, which is a big favourite of mine, so I grabbed it on a whim. Then I ended up seeing other cool ones lying around in other aisles, to the point where I didn't want to leave any behind. Even found something (think it was a Camaro) which had just been left in a basket somewhere and had battered and torn packaging, which also came along for the journey.Luckily most of the cars on offer were weird customs and cheesy looking moderns which I didn't want to bother with. Otherwise I'd have probably forked out £30 on a load of kiddies toys. I just got about 8 muscle cars and sheepishly left. Also a Morrisons own-brand Austin FX4 black cab, which was surprisingly ace.Vicsmith was witness to this and not only did he not stop it, he actively encouraged it. I'd like to point some of the blame in his direction. Shame on you.(I'd do it again)

I know people won't like the wheels & arches,but this Datsun will be a HotWheels model next year

Posted Image

I can't wait to add one of those (or several) to my collection. The car is clearly based on the BRE Trans Am 510 hence the spoiler and arches. makes sense seeing as it's BRE that made the car famous in the states.

Posted Image

Hot Wheels actually make some neat little models amongst all the tat they do. They do have a tendancy to spoil things with big wheels and cartoonish proportions though.

This is the Coronet I picked up:

Posted Image

All the muscle stuff I got was fantastic in terms of proportions etc. Most were mild "Pro Street" type affairs with bigger wheels and nothing else, the odd flame sticker down the side on some of them, but nothing too garish! The modern stuff looked horrendous compared, sort of like an even more nightmarish version of The Fast and the Furious.

Have to wonder who they make some of this for really, would nowadays kids be that bothered about old muscle cars? I want them to start knocking out Daewoo Esperos.

HotWheels make some nice stuff,although as already mentioned,they also do some not so good cars.Matchbox are worth looking at too,although they're not so easy to find.In the last couple of years,they've brought out a Cadillac Hearse,Citroen DS,Mini Van,VW Camper,Alfa Sprint GTA,'60s Cadillac Saloon & VW Trekker.They also make some nice modern cars as well.

I recently bought a pack of 10 Matchbox cars from an autojumble. Odd selection in it, including a Mini van and a lovely little Alfa GT (105 series?). Of course, it was "for my son", and in fairness I did give it to him and they make a nice addition to all of my old Superfast/Corgi Junior relics from my past that he plays with. I agree about the current issues of older cars that Hot Wheels do, they're nicely proportioned and I'll probably add a few to the carefully chosen garage I've just got for his birthday.I'm not fussed about keeping the modern stuff I buy in packs, I already have my 1970s Superfast collection. Perhaps I should stash one or two away though for my son, he might like to see them as they should have been in the same way I do with the old Superfast.Edit: The Alfa is probably the one 155V6 mentioned.

Aha, Solido XM and 605 if I am not mistaken! Great stuff.I'd not seen the earlier Senator in 1/24th - I had the later ('83 model) which I used to put on the back shelf of my full-size one when I displayed it at shows!Who's the manufacturer of the E34 5-series? That looks absolutely bob-on.

...Who's the manufacturer of the E34 5-series? That looks absolutely bob-on...

Minichamps (Pauls Model Art) I bought this off ebay, (As most of my models) for about £10, the 7-series cost me about £40.

The Senator I saw at a toy stall and bought for £4, made by "Gama" of West Germany, the black roof looks as if it has been painted by hand at some stage.

The Citroen XM was the hardest to get, they pop up on ebay from time to time but end up going fot stupid money, one I bid on once went for £60+ the one I have I got for £30, but only as there is long crack in along the right-hand side of the window and has come apart hance its only displayable from one side.

I expected the Peugeot to also go for stupid money but I didnt and I ended up getting it for £7 8)

They also do a Renault 25 in 1/18 which I saw on ebay.fr once, pity the guy didnt have paypal otherwide I would have had it.

Lord Sterling

I remember seeing that XM in the local model store around 1990, I did WANT it but couldn't stretch to the £25 or so that it cost, I went for a 1/24 Granada Scorpio in gold which cost about £12 I think then ruined its resale value by brush-painting the mirrors gloss black. :roll:

• 1 month later...