Shite in miniature

MrRegieRitmo

Friend of mine turned up today with a set of 12 or 13 Cameo by Corgi old trucks and buses, all boxed and perfect. Stuff like a Cadbury's van, an old Charabanc, old Railway vans and stuff. Think the set is from 1991, but anyone know if it's worth anything, or should they just keep hold for a few more years? It's a complete 'Readers Digest' set, so it's probably not worth much, but looking at them, I'd have thought at least a few would be very sought after, but I know nothing about this kinda thing.

here's something similar for fifty smackers:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cameo-Collectables---Corgi---10-Vintage-Vehicles._W0QQitemZ280433741106QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxq20091205?IMSfp=TL091205187001r4893

so I suppose it's probably worth something?

thing is, with stuff like this, it'll only go up in value as it gets older, so unless your mate is desperate for some cash i'd say shove it in the loft for another ten years and see what they are worth then

Friend of mine turned up today with a set of 12 or 13 Cameo by Corgi old trucks and buses, all boxed and perfect. Stuff like a Cadbury's van, an old Charabanc, old Railway vans and stuff. Think the set is from 1991, but anyone know if it's worth anything, or should they just keep hold for a few more years? It's a complete 'Readers Digest' set, so it's probably not worth much, but looking at them, I'd have thought at least a few would be very sought after, but I know nothing about this kinda thing.

hasnt readers digest now gone under, could be worth more now no more sets will come available :lol:

Hey.

Not really into F1 stuff, but I like the also rans and anything with a back story.

Like this:

Posted Image

This is a 1991 \ 2 Jordan 192. It had the same Yamaha OX99 V12 that would later go into the abortive supercar of the same name. I need to get the Brabham BT61 that used it as well.

It popped up on eBay for next to nothing, and I decided I was having it. It's a Kyosho - I had no idea they made 1:43s.

As I say, I only have a passing interest in F1, but I'd like a Brabham BT61 and a Simtek as well. The latter seem to go for daft money though.

Oddly, last week I bought a 1996 Pacific F1 car for buttons which is going in my personal stash. Some F1 stuff does go very cheap. Oddly the Simtek models always fetch good money as does the 7Up liveried Jordan.Theres some interesting new Minichamps F1 stuff due out later this year. Amongst the McLarens, Williams' et al are a few of the also rans - Arrows, Larrouse etc.

You know I have a thing about Mini Metros... Well if I cant have a proper one because the wife is being a typical woman then...

Posted Image

1/24 scale Burago. Detail isnt too bad, not brilliant though. Im toying with dismantling it and spray painting it up to match my old one, but the wheels wouldnt look right so it will probably stay as it is.

Im volunteering at local massive op-shop..so i asked to sort the toy cars today..in it was a Fun Ho! articulated trailer that goes to the shop..we l stick it on Trade Me and may get $60 for it..and i walked away with these..

Posted Image

Matchbox No.20 Chevrolet Impala taxi.circa 1962

Posted Image

Matchbox Land Rover II

Posted Image

Matchbox Series 45.Ford Corsair

Posted Image

Matchbox Superfast.Ford Transit

Posted Image

SPOT ON.Tri-ang. 1.42 scale.MG1100...for the scrapyard

Posted Image

Matchbox.Lotus Europa.1983

Posted Image

Matchbox.Field Car.1985

Posted Image

Matchbox.Land Rover Safari

I also got a Rover SD1 with horsebox and cool ancient lil Tonka beach buggy.

Is that yellow Range Rover an 'ESCI' model :?: I have a couple of the Paris Dakar Transits in my stash. ESCI had a fantastic 1/24 range in the early eighties 8)

Vin, its the Italeri re-hash...the rally one with the blanked side windows opened up and a scratchbuilt rear hatch :) The ESCI kits are pretty good I have a Transit but am after another one to turn into a beavertail. They fetch good money on evilbay though. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Once I get my Brabham BT60, my shite F1 collection is complete. Even if they never made a Brabham - Yamaha. I'll just have to make do with Damon Hill's Brabham Judd.

Behold!

Posted Image

Double Simtek S941 boxset by Minichamps. Had to send for Holland for these pair. David Brabham (31) and Roland Ratzenberger (32).

Might have to get an Onyx Pacific PR01 as well.

Ha! I have the same Chevy, Corsair, Europa and Landy as you Rab. Good score with the spot-on 1100, you'd be surprised how much they are worth even in that condition....

sheet..really!..anybody know where i can get spare tyres and a grill? :lol: wass it wurf then guvnor?
You can buy repro grilles/bumpers for most of the spot-on range now, not 100% about the 1100. Tyres, I guess you can get, but i'd reckon ones from a corgi or dinky of the same era might fit, and those are easily got. If I were you I wouldn't sell it, get the bits and fix it up, it'll make a nice little project and you'll probably never see another one... My spot-on Multipla is one of my favourite models for that reason.

my shite F1 collection is complete.

For the moment at least. Minichamps are releasing a load of more obscure F1 cars later this year - Larrouse Lamborghini, Arrows, Leyton House March, Super Aguri and assorted Tyrells.Strange you should mention the Pacific - I bought a PR02 to accompany my PR01 a week or so back :D I'd like a Simtek but can't get them new anymore and all the ones on ebay seem to go for daft money.

I'd like a DSimtek but can't get them new anymore and all the ones on ebay seem to go for daft money.

My pair were a slightly stupid £48.