Shite in miniature

MrRegieRitmo

I think it's only just been released in japan so there should be a few popping up over the next month I'd think. I've done a bit abit the series on my website with a list of all 90 models. next nissan will be an 88 Cefiro and after that a 63 Bluebird which I'm looking forward to seeing. Also on the list is a '73 Bluebird 2000GT! Loads of other nice Japanese stuff too like a Suzuki Cervo (SC100) and a '77 Mazda Luce Legato.

Doyusha do some pretty rare 70s jap stuff in 1/24th scale, only trouble is these kits were originally designed for putting leccy motors in em, so the interior detail is too shallow.Fujimi and Aoshimi also do some weird and wonderfull jap tat kits .

The Doyusha series is quite nice but they are basically old kits from a variety of manufacturers, re-issued as a series. The quality varies quite a bit and a couple of them aren't worth having such as the Bluebird Coupe, which is just dreadful. That Subaru is a good one though.

I built this Doyusha N-H series Cherry X1-R years ago:

Posted Image

Wheels hopelessly wide and the whole things seems a bit big for 1:24, and it has the shallow interior as mentioned above, but still a nice kit. That series does contain some unusual subjects.

Here's an older build (still in progress) of something a bit sillier, '57 Chevy on "High Roller" Camaro running gear.

Posted Image

Also 'on the bench' (ie. tucked away in a box as they have been for 15+ years in some cases):

Posted Image

The Cadillac hearse (was Ghostbusters ambulance) is closest to being finished, until I broke the windows (one of the awkward curved ones). It may yet end up as a '520 The Undertaker' banger.

Posted Image

This Maserati 3500GT is fitted with a random V8 from the parts box and Borrani wires, with arches opened out to suit and some minor smoothing of the bodywork. I was thinking of some mid-late 70's West Coast custom shop job on it after the original (and no doubt fragile) engine had gone pop. Paint is Ford Hawiaian Blue.

Old model reading material, now sold to Seth:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also sold him an old Revell interior parts pack so he can build some kind of kustom that these mag's show.

Just to show that one or two have been completed:

Posted Image

Posted Image

After 10-15 years display and storage most need minor bits re-attaching. There are also some others, which may donate engines and wheels to new projects. The stripped kits (dating back 20-25 years) might end up in a scrapyard diorama?

I'm sure Ed has probably seen this, very rare to see 1:24 commercial Japanese stuff here on the 'Bay.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0182958507

Bound to go for lots though, HGV's always seem to.

Blimey Charlie! It went for £41 in the end. I saw one go complete with transporter trailer for 'only' £58 earlier in the year, and isn't that about what you paid for yours Ratdat? £41 for just the tractor unit seems a bit much on that basis.

I would like to get one or two things like this.

Forgive me for pimping my wares as it were, however, something we ordered a while ago has finally arrived into stock and as far as I am concerned is the coolest 1/43 scale item EVAR! Needless to say one has worked its way into my collection :)

Behold - 1/43 scale Snap On Tools set

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-43-scale-diecas ... dZViewItem

Posted Image

Or with more shitey motor

Posted Image

I've had my camera out to photograph a load of stuff for eBay so I thought I'd do some pics of my latest craze which are these 1/64th scale J-tin models by Tomica. The level of detail has to be seen to be believed on a model that is barely 2 inches long! Some unusual subjects too which are seldom seen in 1/43rd which is my normal thing.

The copper Gloria is beautiful as are these two Skyline saloons from the days when a dump valve had yet to see the light of day!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Isuzu Bellett which is more normally seen in Coupe form as a model:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Same can be said for the Hino Contessa - this one is a beauty:

Posted Image

One of my faves is this C30 Nissan Laurel:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Hillman Minx built under license by Isuzu:

Posted Image

This Mazda Carol is so tiny!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Toypot Corona has a look of Super Minx about it:

Posted Image

Posted Image

These two are by Konami, 710 Violet SSS:

Posted Image

Posted Image

RWD DRIFT OLD SKOOL NOT AE86

Posted Image

You can tell I'm not doing a lot these hols! :lol: More to follow.

Three oddballs in a row:

Posted Image

One of the best in Tomica's Limited Vintage range is this early 70s Galant. I had to get both colours of this one:

Posted Image

And here it is with one that arrived this morning, a Late 70s Corolla:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There are also some 80s cars in their Neo range such as this Mazda 929 variant:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this amazingly detailed JDM spec Corolla. Check out the 16-valve badge on the rear window!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not as cool as this! :lol:

Thought you all might like to see my HUGE Citroen GS. I've had it years and found it stuffed at the back of a cupboard today when I was digging out boxes for my eBay wares. It's plastic and by a company called Mont Blanc. Some were motorised and remote control but I don't think this one ever has been as the front wheels don't steer. I've put a 1/43rd scale one next to it so can see the scale.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All sorts of fascinating additions on here!That big Citroen GS has just reminded me of the rather large Polistil F1 Matra I have in the loft. Remote control, maybe 1:12 scale? Partly dismantled as part of some failed attempt to get it working. Came from a relative who used to live in Belgium so I guess it was bought out there new and handed down to me some years later. Still in its box, which has suffered a bit but still a nice item, I'll dig it out when I put the Xmas decorations back up there.

Got an exiting box from Japan in the post this morning. It contained a bunch of brochures and some nice plastic kits. The first one i was most exited about... a Datsun Violet hardtop by Yamada. I was a little dissapointed to discover that this is exactly the same as the Doyusha kit but i had suspected this might be the case as the Doyusha nostalgic Heroes series are all re-issues of old kits by a variety of makers. Nice kit all the same and the box art is cool..

Posted Image

I'm obliged to build this for Mrs Ratdat as a miniature of her own 323 GT. It's made by Imai and looks to be quite a nice kit. Amusingly it does come with the stripes shown on the box picture that says "we say SPORTS!" :lol:

I really hope some of the real cars had those!

Posted Image

This on is for SL for his obscure J-tin (J-plastic) collection, a Leopard J. Ferie by Aoshima. You'll like this kit SL, it looks pretty detailed. It even has photo etched badges. Curiously, the body is moulded in almost exactly the same pearl colour as the pic on the box. Sorry the box was too big to fit on my scanner...

Posted Image

Lastly, a rather nice older kit of a C10 Skyline GT-R from Nichimo. Looks like a really nice kit too with really nice quality chrome bits and stock steel wheels instead of the more usual alloys. It's not as nice as the Tamiya kit of the same car but a simpler build I'd imagine...

Posted Image