No longer available - no longer rattling

pandamonium

You'll have it done in three hours including tea breaks. I could swap an engine on one of these in 40 minutes. (With a pre-loaded engine sat by the side) when doing conversions from 1.6 to 2 litre and upwards. Even when I dropped a pre-built 2.1 into my 1600 Mk1 Estate it was done in a morning including setting up carbs.

It is a day's work even for an amateur or two... if you've a choice between doing an engine swap on your Sierra or spending £400 on another motor which must have tax and test, I would defo try to find a way to do the swap!!! There must be a SE-based shiter who can give you a hand, I certainly would if you were not 200 miles away!

Shame you weren't in my neck of the woods I would've either bought it or fitted the engine for you, as Albert Ross said they really are a piece of pee to do, plenty of space in the bay to work and bloody simple mechanically, not a sierra but my capri seized its pinto so we went to a show on a Sunday in the mrs car stayed until the end said my goodbyes to mates and told them I'd meet them in 1.30 time in the capri they all said it couldn't be done, I went home took the engine out and I put an engine that I had ready into it, ran it up to temp on a test drive, then went in for a shower and a brew then met them with time to spare

Gave it a full service today and the issue seems to be gone.

Engine still a bit leaky, but 'death rattle' seems to have gone.

All cylinders firing, but when I looked at the old plugs, it is no wonder I was having issues!

I had held back from servicing it as I was due to fit the other engine, maybe I should have just got on with it instead of being a tight northerner!