Shitefest 2013 ideas

trigger

Me & the Missus would defo be up for a weekend of shitism :mrgreen: and especially if we could could bring along the shite 80's caravan we just got given (and it would also give me the kick up the arse I need to sort it out). The bubble car museum sounds like it could be a good venue but Southwold is a really picturesque place and would give some awesome photo ops.

I'm quite happy to go anywhere really so long as it isn't the other end of the country.

I'd be up for it again, don't mind a journey either as that's part of the fun. As long as it doesn't clash with the shite Mecca that is BMC/BL day, which is normally the first or second weekend in August.

Hold on. Maybe it SHOULD clash. Isn't that held on the Sunday? Pretty sure some folk camp over the weekend too. I have camped at Ferry Meadows for car club bashes before - the only problem being that they tend to lock the gates at about 10pm at night, which may not suit late arrivals.

How about somewhere on the N. Wales coast? Shit loads of camp/caravan/static sites down there, easy to get to (M6-M53-A55 etc) and probably reasonably cheap 'off peak'.

I really regret missing last year's Shitefest, but having The Volvo driven into by my boss the evening before the big weekend soured my mood considerably. Luckily, the car suffered no long-term ill effects (the damage was confined to light units only), so both it and its pilot are ready for this year's gathering, wherever and whenever it may be held :)

I can understand everyone's desire to travel as little as possible, but if we go down the route of catering only for the south of the M62 shitters, we will end up with almost always just the same few people, Cheshire is 3.5 hours for me in the very South of Scotland, so if we go about this semi logically, then it should be around Derby or Nottingham to split the Difference..... :?:

If pre-payment was set up and Andy was up for it again, I would honestly vote to have it at Andy's again. I liked the fact that I could drink and smoke as much as I liked without anyone giving me the glaring of a life time and it could go on until about four in the morning with us all shouting about Talbot Solaras without any irritable large women appearing in a dressing gown and telling us to shush.

The problem with holding it in a place open to the general public is that the general public are a bunch of utter cunts.

Further on from Cavettes suggestion of a dodgy caravan park, where's the shittest Butlins type place?

How about a visit, to one of the lesser seaside towns like Fleetwood or Mablethorpe.

A visit to one of these places would have to be in autumn/winter for proper bleakness and out of season rates.

Further on from Cavettes suggestion of a dodgy caravan park, where's the shittest Butlins type place?

Cayton Bay, but it really is too shit even for Autoshite.

I'm going to try and make it this year too.

For Scottish viewers I've been thinking that a visit to Myreton Motor Museum followed by the Museum of Flight would make a grand day out one day in the summer. Would there be any interest in that?

I thought I'd replied here already, but obviously not.

I was kicking myself for not making it down last year, I really wish I had as I don't feel I got as much use out of the Whale as I could've done.

Anyway, yes I will be attending where-ever it happens to be, just aslong as I have enough notice to book the weekend off work.

I vote for it to be at Betaboy’s gaff, it seems 100% ideal to me. Plenty of space, loads of shite to look at and no silly rules apart from ‘behave yourself’ (much like the forum itself). He’s even got some new shite exhibits for us to perv at since last time. If he is still out of pocket from last time round, we should make sure he is squared up fully for both events this time.

The one issue with Andy's gaff is that, understandably, he felt unable to go to bed until we'd all cleared out of his garage. Given the priceless shite artefacts contained within, I can't blame him. Therefore we might have to have a Garage Curfew - but I'm sure that could be late enough that everyone (apart from us sober types) is so drunk that standing around in a field in the dark is perfectly acceptable.

• 3 weeks later...