Shitefest 2013 ideas

trigger

As this was bought up on another thread, who would be up for some kind of Shitefest this year after the *success of last years event?.

Last year the Bubble car museum moved to a new site in Boston, Lincs and seems to have a large field next door which is available for camping and car meets, it's pretty well located for most Shiters too, I've seen some photos of the new museum on Flickr and it has some pretty tasty exhibits.

I'm not much cop at organising things but I'm happy to email them if there's enough interest, if not does anyone else have any other ideas?.

http://www.bubblecarmuseum.co.uk/

Lancs.... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Later in the season might be good, as we have the current selection of Scottish meets going on, not to mention Coniston and Arley Hall. No sense in cramming everything together! Just on the hearsay I reckon the site would work very well indeed. Unlikely to make it myself (you never know...) but best of luck to those who do.

Hi All

Yes - sorry - I've been very quiet recently - but not forgotten you! Lots been going on, aging parents, lack of gainful employment etc etc. But, I think I'm getting back to full strength now! Clearing some of the "collection" as you all probably know, with the faithful, dependable, wonderful Croma needing to find a new home, but in the usual Autoshite way, a few more have also been added (two more Gamma Berlinas and another Beta Berlina) - I'll try to get some pics on here before too long and some stories about the trip to Belgium to collect one of the Gammas!

Anyway - Shitefest 2013. In principle, I'd be happy to host again if that is the concensus, but I won't be offended if you want to do something else this year - maybe back here next year?

I'd want to get it onto a more "reliable" footing for the funding, but other than that, it was a great time back in July (maybe a later date for this year or next) would be preferable though!

So, just something to throw into the mix!

Cheers

A

I don’t think theres much to worry about…. Its just a bit early in the year innit, I haven’t given any thought to any ‘car events’ yet. I’m well up for a shitefest providing I’m not out of the fuggin country like last time. TBH I’ll go anywhere as long as its not in Cornwall or whatever.

I fancy it this year, based on the great reports of last year's event. Would have loved to see all those Betas.

As opposed to boring you all with eulogising about my 405s online I could bore you all in person. Trouble is being in Plymouth the North West would be a bit of a trek.

I don’t think theres much to worry about…. Its just a bit early in the year innit, I haven’t given any thought to any ‘car events’ yet. I’m well up for a shitefest providing I’m not out of the fuggin country like last time. TBH I’ll go anywhere as long as its not in Cornwall or whatever.

+1 on that. Am mightily sick of rubbish weather and can't wait for Spring*

Mr Bollox's lentil dal recipe cheered me up though. Made some last night. Yum!

I agree with the earlyness, but in a way that's good as it's not an afterthought. I think later in the year would be good too, as there's a lot usually going on in July. I don't really mind where it is: this year I hope to be able to attend.

As last year's furthest travelled and second rattiest estate car entrant I too care not where Shitefest '13 is, and am more than happy to pay up front to secure cracking hospitality, cracking food, top banter and the opportunity to laugh at Steve sinking his Iveco again. And also to at least give Andy a fighting start at covering costs at the very least.

840 miles... easy as peas!

I don't mind where it is, Andy's was pretty much perfect last year except for the distance but that's to be expected and some dry weather this time would be perfect too so I can bring my Cortina this time!.

As for date, I'm quite busy, I can't do the first two weekends of September due to a Cornish holiday, August would be better, 17-18th weekend would be perfect.

Talking of locations there's another place near me called The Granary Craft Museum at Buxhall near Stowmarket IP14 3DH.

There's a large camp site next door and the owner said he's happy to have car clubs camp their for the weekend, the bonus being the rather random museum on site.

7996555626_0061d5e168_c.jpg

1950's Kitchen items by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

7996548931_e9d78b823d_c.jpg

1955 Austin A30 by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

7996549905_337fc1f412_c.jpg

Collection of old VHS Video Recorders by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

7996556936_5d5d0d00d4_c.jpg

1973 Ford Cortina 1600 GXL Mk3 by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

7996558254_13d564a5b8_c.jpg

Vespacar P601V by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

Anywhere's good for me as long as it isn't Cornwall, Wales or Scotchland. Last year's venue was good (although as has been mentioned we'll have to have a better system in place for ensuring that costs are covered if we do that again); bubble car museum suits me too, with the added bonus that it would increase my options as to what to bring, as both the Renner Six and the Innocenti are capable of making it to Boston and back - although I think they probably would make it to Wiltshire, I'm not sure that I would...

Well....as I live in Scotchland I suspect my opinion on venue is meaningless, which is why I have not posted anything, but the month does matter to me, I really only have July available to do a trip south, so if you all would be so good as to sort it out and I'll let you know if I can attend :wink:

Just a suggestion, so don't shoot the messenger, but could this be organised at a caravan s(h)ite somewhere? It'd make the stop over easier, all facilities would be on hand, people could bring their birds/kids if wanted and if booked early and out of season it shouldn't be too expensive.

I reckon if enough people booked we could even 'borrow' the entertainments place for a proper award ceremony. Any pissed up/falling down holes/trying to get into the wrong caravan/Barbara Windsor's knockers type episodes could be purely intentional.