Motorcycling - Current Chinese Shite v. Older Japanese Shite

gtd2000

• 2 months later...

Well right now I'm back in the desert in the UAE. Bit warm, not sure what everybody is complaining about in the UK right now... :mrgreen:

Offloaded a couple of my conveyances, the Hyundai i20 went off to Ireland and the Lexmoto ZSB is now in Falkirk.

Have to say I had no complaints with the ZSB really other than an appetite for headlamp bulbs, cured previously with a cheap Chinese shite  LED variant of the BA20D bulb.

Wonder what lump of Chinese shite I should pick up next, a sub grand Mash 400 perhaps?  :mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...

I think out of the cheapie brands, Kymco of Taiwan make some decent kit. I especially like their 125 bike, called the Visar

Nice looking bike I think. I need to redo my cbt and would be quite happy lining myself up with one of these. Although really a Honda Varadero 125 would be even better

post-3538-0-20935800-1532125666_thumb.jpeg

Currently against all sensibility this Jailing is winking at me on eBay. At £750 I think its a bit salty, but I still fancy it.

s-l1600.jpg

It does sound a bit salty for a Chinese made variant.

I'm not a fan of the Square headlight styling and would rather pay around that price for something like a used Sym Symba.

An extra ton or so would get you a round headlight styled Kayak with 3 years MoT free riding thrown in, plus everything else would be brand spanking new. 

It does sound a bit salty for a Chinese made variant.

I'm not a fan of the Square headlight styling and would rather pay around that price for something like a used Sym Symba.

An extra ton or so would get you a round headlight styled Kayak with 3 years MoT free riding thrown in, plus everything else would be brand spanking new. 

Im thinking its too salty, now myself I do like the square headlight style. Havent seen any new Kayaks for sale of late, indeed the clone Chinese cub market seems to have run dry.

Im thinking its too salty, now myself I do like the square headlight style. Havent seen any new Kayaks for sale of late, indeed the clone Chinese cub market seems to have run dry.

There's a chap on one of the Facebook "Cub" pages selling 4 of them, first name is Ged. I think work is blocking access right now for me to verify.

He seems to have a few ads and is perhaps trying to pass them off as "genuine" Honda Cubs...

Once I get back on, I;ll see if I can find out any further info.

I think Im going to swerve as he seems to be saying they are Honda Cubs, and wants £1000 for each of them.  The Y plate one is registered as a C90 but the 67 plate one comes back as a Kayak Kainuo. Visually I cant see much different about them to the Symba. I still have the horn for that square headlight Jailing C70 though - just not at £750

I think Im going to swerve as he seems to be saying they are Honda Cubs, and wants £1000 for each of them. The Y plate one is registered as a C90 but the 67 plate one comes back as a Kayak Kainuo. Visually I cant see much different about them to the Symba. I still have the horn for that square headlight Jailing C70 though - just not at £750

Is the Jailing new?

Is the Jailing new?

I wish it was no its a 2003 bike.

The MOT history isnt that grim. But I still think its hanging the value off the Cub market. Now I like it partly because its a cub knock off and partly because its a square headlamp long seat bike.

I mean if stuff could be imported I'd rather like something like this

Zhufeng ZF48Q-2A 

zf48q-2a-250-zhufeng.jpg

These types of bike are so groovy to just chuck in the boot of a car for all sorts of pootling. Shame no one seems to sell anything like this now in the UK

I think Im going to swerve as he seems to be saying they are Honda Cubs, and wants £1000 for each of them.  The Y plate one is registered as a C90 but the 67 plate one comes back as a Kayak Kainuo. Visually I cant see much different about them to the Symba. I still have the horn for that square headlight Jailing C70 though - just not at £750

I commented on his original posting for the bikes. He'd put a Honda sticker on and was trying to pass them off as the genuine item. He didn't respond to any comments, seems to be his OP. They been up and down for at least a month now and it doesn't appear anybody is biting so far.

I'd still like to pick up a cheap Nanfang NF50 for a friend of mine with the moped entitlement on her car license. There's a used one for sale on eBay for £950 which is more than a brand new one from cheap bikes are us! CBRuS does them for around £900, brand new on the road.

I mean if stuff could be imported I'd rather like something like this

Zhufeng ZF48Q-2A 

zf48q-2a-250-zhufeng.jpg

These types of bike are so groovy to just chuck in the boot of a car for all sorts of pootling. Shame no one seems to sell anything like this now in the UK

Cough, Tomos, cough. Not quite Chinese prices though and a bit hipster now-a-days.

http://www.tomosgb.com/models/classic-xl-45

For what they are Tomos bikes are strong money now. If I can find another second hand one cheap enough maybe, bit not at a bag new.

I can still remember when they sold them in Woolies for somewhere around 200 quid. 

The friend that has the moped entitlement bought one from there at the time, as her first set of wheels!

I commented on his original posting for the bikes. He'd put a Honda sticker on and was trying to pass them off as the genuine item. He didn't respond to any comments, seems to be his OP. They been up and down for at least a month now and it doesn't appear anybody is biting so far.

37639564_2126573590915723_34172108512606

Hes posting them on Facebollocks again for a bag new

Honda badge on the legshield, but if thats a genuine Honda Super Cub then Im the queen of Sheba

• 6 months later...