Motorcycling - Current Chinese Shite v. Older Japanese Shite

gtd2000

I think that's what some people consider to be a cheaper MSX?

Still way too much money for a cheap Chinese bike in my opinion.

If it was around £1000 then perhaps...

Those Yamasakis are just over a bag new - I imagine in a year or so half that will pick one up then lob in a bigger Chinese donk and CDi and I imagine it would be just as much fun as an MSX ( which was OK, but a bit over rated).

I might have another look at that Sym - that seat looks like it would probably fit OK.

Those Yamasakis are just over a bag new - I imagine in a year or so half that will pick one up then lob in a bigger Chinese donk and CDi and I imagine it would be just as much fun as an MSX ( which was OK, but a bit over rated).

I might have another look at that Sym - that seat looks like it would probably fit OK.

Do you have a link for the Yamasakis?

From my experience of the Chinese cloned cub (which has been very reliable) I'd go for the Sym based on build quality and finish. If you were talking £500 for a Chinese clone vs £1300 for the Sym, I'd choose the Chinese cub but it's much closer than that.

There's a picture on the net of an American Symba with a tan coloured one piece double seat.

You could also check out the saddles for the Cubs over at mini bie craze like this one if you want something "cooler" looking:

IMG_2328.jpg

Do you have a link for the Yamasakis?

You could also check out the saddles for the Cubs over at mini bie craze like this one if you want something "cooler" looking:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-2017-Yamasaki-YM50R-MONSTER-50cc-moped-scooter-motorbike-grom-/192036032755?hash=item2cb63d50f3:g:vvQAAOSwpkFY7iYd

Nah, just something for my fat arse that lets me sit a bit further back than the single seat does

• 5 months later...

Giving very very serious thoughts to one of these:

s-l1600.jpg

But for the same price I can have one of these...

s-l1600.jpg

The Sym however will fit in my shed, will be able to share some components with the Super Cub and probably will be a bit more of a giggle to ride down a muddy track.

The Daelim though will be faster and more comfortable.

Which model of Lexmoto did you buy? Other than some issues with headlamp bulbs mine has been pretty good. Still fires up on the original three year old battery after sitting in the cold damp shed over winter. Gutless engine I have to admit but fine for the B roads.

Guest Hooli

Looks like a CBR125 clone, at least around the headlights. I used to know a tiny lass who could get 82mph out of hers!

Guest Hooli

There are several Fizzy owners who make similar claims.

Thing is I could confirm her claim as I was riding in the same group on a RF600. Slightest headwind & she was down to 65-70 though.

I've had an indicated 78mph out of the Lexmoto ZSB down hill. Probably closer to 70mph though. My old Suzuki GP100 showed an indicated 82mph once. Unfortunately my fizzy would only show 56mph down the same hill as the GP100.