NI registered car in Scotland with no V5...

CortinaDave

So my saab is buggered again, looks like it'll be out of the game for a good few weeks. Its lost almost all power and is making a pained screaming noise which suggests turbo failure...

In the meantime I've got the chance of some tested shite locally for little over scrap money, so I'm tempted to buy it to avoid walking, then either pass it on to another shiter or weigh it in for money back.

Problem is, although said car is in Scotland, its registered in Northern Ireland. This would not be too much of a problem but the guy doesnt have the V5.

Anyone know if this can be got round without too much hassle or am I entering into a world of DVLA pain trying to sort it out so I can put a tax disc on the thing?

Are you sure it's still registered in NI or does it just still have the NI plate?

If you're sure, then you just send the usual form and £25 fee to the NI department. However..... I'm not sure they'll send the certificate to a non NI address. Give them a call on 0845 247 2471. They're lovely people :roll:

unlikely! its a puma, but years mot and could be mine for 300 notes. Just one day of public transport has been enough to get me looking at the cheapos... a journey that costs me a tenner in petrol cost £17 on the train, and it was pissing it down and blowing a gale while I walked to and from the station then got home well over an hour later than by car.

I think it should be law to have to suffer commuter public transport for a few days every so often to remind ourselves how great cars are.

I can only really justify it if the saabs gonna be stuffed for more than a couple of weeks, hopefully have the verdict tomorrow.

unlikely! its a puma, but years mot and could be mine for 300 notes. Just one day of public transport has been enough to get me looking at the cheapos... a journey that costs me a tenner in petrol cost £17 on the train, and it was pissing it down and blowing a gale while I walked to and from the station then got home well over an hour later than by car.

I think it should be law to have to suffer commuter public transport for a few days every so often to remind ourselves how great cars are.

I can only really justify it if the saabs gonna be stuffed for more than a couple of weeks, hopefully have the verdict tomorrow.