For sale - Peugeot 306 diesel estate - Now Sold

Vin

Up for grabs is my sister's Peugeot 306 diesel estate. I could weigh it in, but I thought I'd give my fellow shiters a chance... I'm not sticking it on E-bay or Gumtree or whatever, Autoshite is the only place you can have the opportunity to purchase this beauty...

It's a 1999 normally aspirated 1.9 diesel - i.e. it doesn't have a turbo. It has 165,000 mile on it. It has MOT till October 2013. No tax, it's on SORN at the moment.

The central locking doesn't work properly - it all locks up OK but you have to physically stick keys in doors and the like.

Also the Power steering pump could do with replacing, as it seizes on full lock and can stall the engine - if you don't use full steering lock it's OK. It should be fairly easy to get a secondhand pump.

It's got paint fade and parking dings. Not unexpected.

All I'm looking for is £100.

If there is no interest then I will probably just weigh it in.

PM me if you are interested. I'm near Brigg, North Lincolnshire.

Here are some piccies.

HPIM0011.jpg

HPIM0012.jpg

HPIM0013.jpg

HPIM0014.jpg

Couldn't say no. It's absolutely ideal for me, the estate being roomier (=easier to get bikes in/out] the towbar better for a bike rack (the hatchback one I have at the moment is getting on a bit and a bit fiddly) and if it will run on veg then it's the icing on the cake.

It will even (possibly) mean I don't need to go looking for a Berlingo van now, as well as hopefully being a good family/holiday car. My hatch has been brilliant, I've really taken to it and I'm hoping the estate will be the same.

Off out shortly on something of a mission to get this, a fellow shiter en-route to pick me up, fuck knows what time I'll be home but prob not until mid-afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed I find a Bosch pump in the engine bay please.

Off out shortly on something of a mission to get this, a fellow shiter en-route to pick me up, fuck knows what time I'll be home but prob not until mid-afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed I find a Bosch pump in the engine bay please.

B, even if its a Lucas Cav Pump you can still run it on veg, it does eventually knacker the seals on the pump, but I ran one of my ZX's for 20K miles on a mixture of any old flammable shit and it never gave me any trouble.

Enjoy - and you can always swap out the pump off your 306.

Good luck, keep us posted!

..and back home safely 30 minutes ago. I reckon about a 300 mile round trip all in, Skattrd picked me up in his funky new Daihatsu, we then went to east Mids airport, I drove his Bora to Lincolnshire then we dropped his Daihatsu off and carried on to Vin's. Nice one gents, much appreciated. Sorry I couldn't stop longer, Vin, but needed to get back.

Ps next time you're passing the BP garage down the road from you give the thieving bastards a flick of the Vs from me please mate, £1.48ppl for the cheapest diesel :roll:

Anyhow the car was superb, cheers. Seems quieter and more refined than mine, as well as better equipped and, dare I say it, SNAZZY. I think it must be the facelift one or WOTEVS as has plusher seats and dashboard than mine.

To drive it was defo different to mine: the estate seems slower accelerating until you get to 60mph on the motorway then it pulled faster and seemed happier to sit at **mph, a full phat 10mph more than my hatch is comfortable at. Fuel gauge barely moved, really impressed with economy as I wasn't hanging about, I'd think it's probably doing 5-10mpg more than my hatchback is at a guess.

Anyhow MUCHOS THX to Chris and Vin, been a great day in great company in some interesting cars. Fleet photo tomorrow, I've only had about 4 hours kip and I'm knack'd.

Great stuff Billy, Glad you like it and can do something with it :D

Ps next time you're passing the BP garage down the road from you give the thieving bastards a flick of the Vs from me please mate, £1.48ppl for the cheapest diesel :roll:

Haha, that's why the robbin bastards never get my money. I'd have directed you elsewhere if you'd been going a different way...It's Tesco in Brigg or Sainsburys near work for me normally...

Ah, no bother, I can't complain. Shat nav sent me down (up?) the M1 and over the sodding Peak District, which I'd hoped to avoid but it wasn't too bad in the end. Except the bit where I got brave, forgot I wasn't in Chris's TD and tried to overtake someone up a hill :D

DW8 engine.

Now I know what they look like! I'll grab a picture of both tomorrow. This DW8 thing seems quieter and a bit more refined, certainly nicer on a longer run (unless it's my imagination) but the XUD sounds a bit louder/meatier, if that makes sense?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a 'fleet' photograph today. I'd just cleaned them both and the aVINSIS (estate) got some RED HOT BUFFING ACTION. It hasn't shown up very well in the pictures, but the flat paint on some of the panels hasn't half come up well. It does need doing again/better in places as I'd sort of forgotten how to do it properly/didn't have much finishing compound, but it is miles better.

8479541802_12e2d3a4c7.jpg

poojot owners club yh bby by Cavlover1, on Flickr

The more I drive the hatchback, the more I like it and I did another 60-odd mile round trip in it today collecting a bike. I think I'll be sorry if (in the unlikely event) I sell it so I think I will keep it.

Stop rubbing it in you BASTARD! Now the Delica has shit itself and the Xsara is having to undergo front suspension surgery, I am going to have a point where there is no sensible transport on the road. I am going to attempt to rectify this by buying a shitty van and turning it for a profit, or more realistically, have another rust bitten shit heap to hide behind/sleep in when my wife works out what I've done.