OMG NO KAOS?

John F

Some posh bint in a Fourtrak .... "Eeeew Heleeeew, do you know how to put this if four whhhheeeeeel Drive"? Yes. I Thrust my furry, gritty, oily hand thus towards her left knee, and pushed the button marked "4WD".

Didn't that era of Fourtrak have manual free-wheeling hubs as well?

I topped up the screenwash just now so it's pretty much just screenwash, not water and screenwash, was fed up of it being frozen in the mornings. Should be prepared for the snow now!

As an aside, Asda screenwash (the 5l one) is pretty crap, but CBA to go to costco and get some good stuff.

We' ve had our daily weather brief at work today (I work in a transport office, so we get some supposedly pretty reliable forcasts) and have been told to expect big SNOKAOS from 5am tomorrow morning then right through to Saturday and maybe even Sunday. Also, solid minus figures during all of this.

Not that it will bother me in the VoLOL-bus, with its heated seats and GR8 heater.

Best stock up on supplies before the Bread Biddies clear the shelves at the local shops. If we do get massive amounts of snow I wonder if I can be arsed to go down to the playing field and make giant snow swiss rolls/hay bails like we did in the late eighties when we had the last batch of big snow? Have a topical photograph.

20130117-04.jpg

We have had a 'snow pack' emailed round with details of how to get onto the network etc to carry on 'business as usual'. It had better fuck it down now so I can work from home in my pants. Must take the laptop home tonight, and find somewhere in the ZX to kensington-leash it to, as the boot does not lock...

If anyone wants a free laptop, I will be parked at...

Best stock up on supplies before the Bread Biddies clear the shelves at the local shops. If we do get massive amounts of snow I wonder if I can be arsed to go down to the playing field and make giant snow swiss rolls/hay bails like we did in the late eighties when we had the last batch of big snow? Have a topical photograph.

20130117-04.jpg

That reminds me, I need petrol and baccy tonight - OMGPANIKBUY!!!11

Nice pic btw!

I'm a bit hacked off by all this.

I'd like a reasonable amount of snow and in fairness its been snowing very lightly for the last couple of hours but nothing to get excited about.

But for this area there is NOTHING in the way of snow on the BBC forecast until Monday so I suppose I will drive around as pretty much normal all weekend yet the papers / tv / radio will all be full of OMG SNOW KHAOS.

:roll:

Just been discussing the lack of sledge in this household and what would make a suitable sledge, beetle bonnet and mgb roadster boot lid are the current available sledges

About 25 years ago, me and 3 mates used a mk1 Granada bonnet, it was a proper missile

Got the jag and the mingerover under elasticated car covers with a blankie on the warm rangie motor and an optimate for anticipated heavy cranking in the morrow

Just been discussing the lack of sledge in this household and what would make a suitable sledge, beetle bonnet and mgb roadster boot lid are the current available sledges

About 25 years ago, me and 3 mates used a mk1 Granada bonnet, it was a proper missile

Last time I went sledging I was about ten! Used a tea tray from my grandparents kitchen. Would defo need a Granada bonnet now though since discovering pies and lager. :oops:

Mrs Beard has suggested* I try going on a low carb diet, but as my old shite has fuel injection I am unsure how this can be further achieved. Cough.

Looking forward to the trip to work in the morning, my Mingebag Mundano, with it's bling 16" steelies, is really shite in the slippery stuff. It's all well and good saying if don't drive unless you have to, but as I'm an early shift signalman, guess who has to....

A small flurry of snow started to hit this side of Birmingham just before I left work, I anticipated twat drivers for the drive home but thankfully, traffic just carried on as normal, and in a rather juvenile way I did pull a handbrake turn in a very quiet road in Ma's Micra.

Media have been banging on about SNOWMAGEDDON all day and papers/public transport people pleading with the public to panic buy and stay at home with all windows and doors locked, lights switched off with curtains drawn until its safe to go outside :roll:

Still pissed off that I can't use the Rover, I don't care what weather it is in the weekend, I'm going to get a new linkage sorted.

Tomorrow morning should be interesting, and on that note.....

Only a smidge of snow here, despite a reasonable effort last night. 306 has BFO wheels/tyres so will probably be shit if it does come down heavily, might ride mountain bike to work instead if it gets bad.

Driving into work was like driving on a fugging beach, so the council have been busy last night! No snow at all, although my petrol cap had frozen itself shut, so I had to leave Esso, pull up, heat the key with my lighter and wiggle the cap until it defrosted then go back to the esso.

Sat in the office now and it's starting to snow, may go out for a rolly in a bit to see how bad it is.

Feck all here in Shitesville, just Sunny but a touch chilly at -5, still got to get the cars serviced today so I can have some cash to spend, did kinda panic buy yesterday.....£10 of diesel, a dozen cans of beer and a couple of Pizzas...that should see out the APPPPPKOLYPZE :roll:

About 3" here ~ just outside Southampton. Was out at 8 of the clock, roads gritted/salted, but falling snow had reduced its effect. Very little traffic about and drivers were being exceptionally careful ~ leaving loads of space twixt vehicles, travelling slowly.... All schools round here appear to be closed too, as well as Southampton airport. Still snowing slightly and appears to be turning to sleet.

We've had a reasonable amount up here in the wilds of NE Norfolk, and it's still coming down as I type. Here's the Jag at about 8am this morning:

DSC01993.jpg

I'd booked the day off work today anyway as I had a few bits to do - probably not a bad thing, as driving in the snow when you're actually trying to get somewhere (as opposed to just going out for a bit of a hoon) is a royal PITA.

In other news, Stageas are GR9 in the snow; automatic Sierras are utterly shit; Twingos are surprisingly good, especially when their driver fails to spot a (snow-covered admittedly) "road ahead closed" sign and has to reverse 200 yards uphill. :oops:

Wahey, it's bombing it down in Ellesmere Port and has been all morning. It's supposed to be getting worse at mid day too, but I'm on a cycle collecting mission mid afternoon though so as long as sort of midCheshire-ish is passable it should be ok.