2013 Autoshite Quote Thread

• 2 weeks later...

A concise summary of the problems with today's society, courtesy of Mr Volksangyl

The problem with [insert thing/place here] is the people in it. France, Facebook, British Leyland, Lidl... it applies to all these and more.

Another Bol gem.

To diagnose any problems just connect it to a ‘Charles Babbage analytical engine’ via the local telephone exchange and read off the fault codes. “Hello Caller. The fault code you have requested is ‘P0053’: Loss of British sovereignty in Indiaâ€Â

In respect of a smoky Vitara and a Fleabay chancer...

** sensible lawyerly advice **

:idea:

Yeah, but that's boring! It's the Internet so therefore in e-law you HAVE to suggest something far fetched. Landmark cases such as Cockwarbler Vs Fannybatter ('if that was me I'd have gone round to his house, burnt it down and shagged his wife) and Messers E. Conan and Quay-Boardwarrior Vs Knobwhistle ('I'd punch his lights out and sue him for defection of character') have set precedents.

:mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno what he's having for breakfast but Billy's on form at the mo...

I always think that buying any modern Renault diesel would be like having a nut allergy and playing Russian Roulette with a bag of Revels. You just know that at some point you'll get choked when it all goes horribly wrong.

:mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Advice on what to do with a Voley 760 with rotten exhaust purchased off the bay after it's been sitting on a driveway for five years:

Chop the rotten pipes and run side exhausts using some old scaffolding polls, don't bother rubbing it down but still paint it satin black using no more than 3 cans of pound shop paint, chop 3 coils out the springs, weld the diff solid then stick it on ebay and watch the money roll in.

From the Woollarding thread.

Speaking for myself, I am now prepared to concede that a woollard is valid where the woollardist is gently knocking their forehead against the vehicle's bonnet whilst riding an adjacent exercise bicycle naked from the waist down, shrieking verses of the koran through a vuvuzela.

Philbusmo's excellent description of a Clio just had me rolflollering my lmao off

'Oh and it was duller than a bucket of dull coloured dull wall paper paste made by Dull Wallpaper Paste Ltd'

Cavette's on form again with this artfully constructed bile relating to an LDV Convoy 'Party Riot Bus' on the ebay tat thread:

'you will not be disappointed'

I'd be absolutely stunned if anyone was anything but disappointed with that. What a hopeless piece of toss, the only fucking 'riot' involving that would be when Paul 'Axeman Hammer Stabber' Lifer booked a limo for his 14 year old's birthday party and this bucket of wank showed up outside.

Cort16 from the Ebay Tat threat.... I am still cleaning up the tea I spat over my keyboard when laughing at this: 

"You know you've made it in life when you're being driven to your wedding in a clapped out Carlton funeral car painted in emulsion with half a wood burning stove no-more nailsed onto the front."

Cort16 from the Ebay Tat threat.... I am still cleaning up the tea I spat over my keyboard when laughing at this: 

"You know you've made it in life when you're being driven to your wedding in a clapped out Carlton funeral car painted in emulsion with half a wood burning stove no-more nailsed onto the front."

^ It has to be the quote, the whole quote, and nothing but the quote, in this case; the rest of it's solid gold.

" If that was the 'Ultimate Driving Machine' then the BX diesel estate I replaced it with was Thrust SSC, the Batmobile, the Powell Motors' Homer, KITT, Peter Perfects' Turbo Terrific, Concord and the bastard Space Shuttle all rolled into one by comparison."