Rover 220 SLI up 4 grabs

Mr_Bo11ox

Yo, my Rover is off the road now, having been replaced by the Mondeo. I'm getting so little time for car fettling at the moment that I cant realistically add it to my 'project' pile, which basically consists of a dismembered Maserati. So, anyone want it?

Pros: Goes like stink still, MOT'd till october, new cambelt. At 134k mechanically its still healthier than it was when i got it at 68k (if you read the tat blog you'll know ll about what i've done to it, theres very few nuts and bolts on it I haven't undone!). Full 'paper' history up to 68k then full internet-documented history with all my adventures! I would set off anywhere in this car, it always does 38-40mpg and is quick. tyres are good, the fronts are firestones (they werent cheap!) cant remember about the rears. I have changed the oil every 6k. ONe owner plus myself.

Cons: Looks scruffy, has a big crack right across the windscreen and the top of the screen aperture is rusty, so that would need fixed before a new screen could be fitted. I've splattered loads of waxoyl on it in the time i've had it so it shouldnt be too rotten. It lest in some water there occasionally so the drivers footwell currently has a fish pond in it (i always kept it dry when I was using it). I was quoted £275 to repair it and fit a new screen by a local body shop. Leaks a bit of oil from the cam covers, typical T-series. It was oiltight for a reasonable amount of time :roll: No tax. Drives lovely but if I have to criticise it i'd say the front shockers were past their best. rear spoiler has fallen off.

Image0098.jpg

P1050230.jpg

I could weigh it in myself for £125-£150, but thats a bit of a shame in view of how much time I have invested in its innards. So if you think you can offer it a lifespan longer than the MOT expiry date, PM me - i'll say £100 as the asking price but might negotiate if you seem genuine and not like a typical desperate chancer from Freecycle. Its in Crewe, cheshire BTW.

• 2 weeks later...
Can't believe this is still available! I have to play the distance card I'm afraid.

Essex to Crewe for a car I'd be buying purely 'because it is cheap', doesn't make too much sense really.

Same for me I would love to drive around in a Rover 220 for a while but collecting it is just not practical.

Chris

Can't believe this is still available! I have to play the distance card I'm afraid.

Essex to Crewe for a car I'd be buying purely 'because it is cheap', doesn't make too much sense really.

Course it can!!

Is that not part of the fun, the epic road trip to get a car?

I reckon that car is so cheap, the cost of a ticket to get there and fuel to get back would still make it cost in bearing in mind that anything that fella sells is going to be 100% down the line, you actually know exactly what you are buying.

That car will actually get you home and beyond.

If Mr B still has the (unwritten upon) new keeper's bit of the V5 I can tax the car at buyer's cost. His home town is ridiculously easy to get to from anywhere in Britain by train and the motorway network is a stones throw away.