Then and Now

PhilA

Visiting the parents this Christmas and decided that, despite the rain, we should do our best to recreate a photo found of three decades prior.

timewarp.jpg

Same house, same car, same people, same red coat my old man's wearing. I couldn't find a red bobble hat or a black coat to wear, in spite of trying to find a red hat anywhere (all hats, like the new cars here are black, grey, green or blue)

Funny to see. I've grown a bit since then.

:)

--Phil

Thats a great thing to even think of doing in this day and age of something that's 37 minutes old being 'vintage'/ old / past it.

Wish my Dad was about still.

^^^ I do like that and for a while I have been meaning to do something similar with this:-

7462738912_6833953c16_n.jpg

School Lane Freckleton 1974 by Micrashed, on Flickr

I very nearly set off today to try and recreate this scene from June 1974, but dont own a blue Parka, or white socks or sandals any more. Oh and Im not blond either these days - sort of grey to balding....

I might yet still have crack this summer, though christ only knows where Im going to source the Ford from, the bloke who lives there is pushing 90 and drives a Focus now....

What year was the old pic from?

1982, the clue is in the bottom right corner. ;)

I've done a few then/now shots but mine are mostly based on older archive shots rather than personal ones. I was going to try and recreate this effort but the phone box has gone and I can't quite work out where it stood.

5454002479_629864c193_m.jpg

It's 1972, I'm not that old! The picture was taken specifically because it was the last Button A/ Button B phone in the area, though I believe some survived into the 80s in remote areas. Here's a bigger version of the picture http://www.flickr.com/photos/30854514@N08/5454002479/ . The original wasn't quite so "Instagram" but I need to either get a better scanner or get better at using the one I have.