Are these really worth this amount?

Station

It's been photographed in a white room, so is therefore worth lots more than a standard one.

It is VERY nice though.

Have you seen the Lancia MonteCarlo he's also selling? It's been a dream car since I was a boy (fell in love with the one from Herbie goes to Monte Carlo). I want it.

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.c ... ead=141379

Price seems ok for the Lancia though I thought. Unless I'm falling for the white room. Which has been known to happen on occasion...

It's a good job I date a sensible / boring accountant type that stops me buying things or I'd be bankrupt.

A series ones have VAG boxes, the others have Honda boxes I think.

Actually, I think both gearboxes were VW, or certainly were at the start of production. BL didn't have a sensible FWD gearbox themselves.

As for value, is it worth that much? Well, I wouldn't pay it. He's betting someone does and he's the one who will find out if it's too much. I reckon someone will pay that. There's a HUGE market for really tidy car-based commercials - albeit usually much older ones.

I personally don't think so. Immaculate, much rarer and more desireable Maestro Turbos go for £2-3k so £4k for a Maestro Van is a bit much.

This was on eBay a while back I'm sure with no MOT for about £500 on bid.

Purple Penis and The Doctor really have inspired a breed of numpties. On the pricing strategy they use, I guess my Cavalier is worth £1500 due to the tax being up soon??

Bunch of fools.

The GS Estate looks very nice....I don't really know if it's WORTH the asking price, but I'd probably pay it if I could afford it....I'm sure there are loads of muppets like me about, including someone who'd pay four grand for a Maestro van! :roll:

He seems pretty switched on that guy, hes in the same league as the doctor (if a good few match points behind him) hunting out top-notch motors and taking care to present them properly. Unlike purplecockslammer who just buys stuff off the bay, multiplies the price by 4 then sticks it straight back on the bay with a bit of half-arsed generic text which is more or less identical each time.

I don't think its that bad tbh. Granted its not cheap but he does sell a fair amount of stuff and pretty quickly and if you really want a good Maestro van then you'd probably pay that.

Seems that vans can be more expensive than cars sometimes now - if you can find one a half decent Ren 4 van will easy set you back a couple of grand at the very least.

Don't you mean

Waxoyl it to death, it'll last for a year.

Wouldn't have paid that for it but I can see why someone would.

This 4 star classic lot are also at it (if even not a bit more). If you've got a bit of £££ and you want to buy a nice classic then you want a bit of the white room and frothy coffee treatment. People will pay more if they think they're getting a service and not just a dirty old car bought out a gravel yard.

http://www.4starclassics.com/