Little guessing game

trigger

I'm with a60rod, I've seen this in a Renault 10. The transmission has some sort of prehistoric solenoid wizardry in a box under the bonnet.

best-uk-bingo.gif

Damn! I should have guessed it wouldn't taken you lot very long! It is indeed from a 1966 Renault 1100, quite a nifty design I like the way the control panel sits just inline with your right knee, GR8 for getting knee capped in any kind of head on accident.

2yln1wm.jpg

Yay. At 38, almost 39 I'm the winningest for the first time ever.

I always thought about engine running in Park, get in, knock D button whoooosh! off you go.

What's the switch on the right, urban/highway?

Indeed it is. I can't lay my hands on the pics right now but the chap I spoke to who has one was at Chumley one year, lovely low mileage example. He let me have a sit in it and explained all about it.

It's from a Renault 10 Auto. I owned one. They had the 1108 cc engine on the Autos, although a 1296cc 'big block' was available on the manuals \ the 10S. There was a similar system available on the Dauphine and 8. My Uncle still has a spare Type 325 gearbox and ECU in his garage.

It had a massive Jaeger control box on the NSF inner wing next to the boot. The dip switch on the right was for town or city driving. The ratios in the Ferlec box were altered slightly. The clutch was electromagnetic and used some kind of weird iron filing set up which provided drive, and it had a conventional handbrake with solid discs all round. I can scan the entire manual for you if you like Trig, the autobox had a special handbook devoted to it.

HHT 79D, where are you now? I never got it going but was told by those in the know that changes were glacially slow.