How’s about that then?

Partridge

Taken from SkyNews...

A man who bought Jimmy Savile's Rolls-Royce says he now wants nothing to do with the car after allegations of abuse by the star.

The scrap dealer, who asked not to be identified, paid £160,000 for the 10-year-old Corniche convertible with Savile's personalised number plate JS 247 at a charity auction.

Speaking exclusively to Sky News, he said he fears it is now worth less than half that and that he has consulted a barrister about legal action to try and get his money back.

"I don't want to be associated with it," he said. "I'm just gutted because all of this should have come out beforehand."

The car, listed with an estimate price of up to £90,000, was the most expensive lot in the auction of Savile's belongings which raised more than £300,000 for his charities.

Its new owner, from Poole in Dorset, said he bought the vehicle over the telephone "on a whim", but now his plans to hire it out for weddings and children's parties are ruined.

"The only way that car will sell is to get the Savile name off of it and try to sell it for £70,000 if I'm lucky," he said.

He revealed he had to spend £8,000 to repair the brakes and service the limited edition car, which had spent years in storage at a dealership in Leeds.

"I've never even driven it," he said. "I bought it, they delivered it, I had it picked up, they took it to Surrey for servicing and it's still there."

He claims he has spoken to other buyers of Savile's belongings, which ranged from cigars to a gold Rolex watch, who also stand to lose out.

"A lot of people spent a lot of money on that stuff, tracksuits and that, and they've got to burn them now because they're worth nothing.

"I've got my lawyers looking at it now, but my solicitor has spoken to a barrister and he seemed to think none of us had a leg to stand on," he said.

He also revealed why he wants his identity kept secret: because he has not told his wife that he bought the car, or how much money he will lose.

"She'd absolutely kill me, I'd get thrown out," he said. "Probably she knows deep down, but I've just got to deny it because I wouldn't get away with this one.â€Â

8528874-1-1-400x240-20121012-081902-189.jpg

Just goes to show how daft it is to bid a car up based on an ex-owner being famous once upon a time. He's spot on when he says he needs to change the plate and get £70k for it, which sort of suggests he was a wazzock for spending £90k over the odds.

Plus anyone hiring that for a wedding or party, based purely on the JS connection, needs shooting.

First thing first - he should get rid of Savile's old private plate. Secondly, when he goes to sell it, Savile's name won't be the last one on the log book - it will be his name instead.

What was revealed about Savile was awful, and those who bought memorabilia didn't know the truth about the guy at that time and thus stand to lose money as a result of the memorabilia being next to worthless. In this case, it's still a car - It's not the Rollers' fault that Savile previously owned it!

No one going to own up to buying it then? :wink:

I imagine the number plate is worth a fair few quid, what if your name is John Smith? Personally it wouldn’t worry me who owned it last anyway. As for his flat-I checked out that link and found it a little creepy :?

Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? JS was a bell end but he wasn't Hitler, and his car didn't have any involvement or made Jimmy Saville do any of the things he did. It'll still fetch good money for anyone looking for status on the council estate or brainless to think it's actually worth 100k.

The scrap merchant is also a bell end for thinking any of this matters outside of the Daily Mail, and then going to the papers to tell everyone not to buy the car which was associated with a long dead bell end.

How's the thick twat going to use 'legal action' get his money back then? Did the place selling the car have some sort of mystic powers that told them Savlie was a nonce or something?

If the daft bastard paid over the odds because of auction fever then he deserves everything he gets. The fact he's seemingly happy to have pictures of the car and plate splashed all over the web means he's even more stupid than I thought.

The best thing to do would be to keep schtum, take the plate off, flog the car with the new number then try and quietly offload the plate through a dealers.

greedy car dealer loses money on a roller

now that IS a news story :D

strikes me that saville (allegedly serial procurer of children for the royal family and [mass-child murderer] ted heath, according to david icke) may have abused nippers in that car, hence why no ones wants to buy it.

where does saville get the cash to buy a new ish roller, several other motors,at least 3 properties and a mill in the bank when he hasnt worked for decades?

I would imagine that the number plate is worthless now, anyone selling it and not declaring who owned it would probably have legal action taken against them for not saying it was Savilles. I guess the owner could surrender it back to the DVLA and they could make it sure it wasn't issued for sale ever again.

I would imagine that the number plate is worthless now, anyone selling it and not declaring who owned it would probably have legal action taken against them for not saying it was Savilles. I guess the owner could surrender it back to the DVLA and they could make it sure it wasn't issued for sale ever again.

Hmm, that's a bit debatable really. Why should you have to declare that? I know a lot of people wouldn't want the association but surely it's caveat emptor?

A few things on my mind regarding this

1) It's just a car which was owned by a sad old fart

2) If someone's stupid enough to pay over the odds for it,then good luck to them,but don't bleat when you realise you made a bad investment

3) Most people wouldn't say ' Thats Jimmy's old motor ', its not a famous vehicle,as say the pope mibile,or John Lennon's Mercedes ( of which I know the owner )

4) The number plate if it was put on a car,and driven about,how many people are going to remember it as the plate the sad old prat had ?

To be honest,the silly bugger who payed all that money is just after some media fame and sympathy,and maybe hoping to sell his story to any second rate rag who will print it. As for the chance the car may have had some things going on inside which shouldn't have,the same could be said for dressing rooms and other buildings - do we have to destroy them as well,or have they fallen in value because the sad old prat used to go there ?

A few things on my mind regarding this

1) It's just a car which was owned by a sad old fart

2) If someone's stupid enough to pay over the odds for it,then good luck to them,but don't bleat when you realise you made a bad investment

3) Most people wouldn't say ' Thats Jimmy's old motor ', its not a famous vehicle,as say the pope mibile,or John Lennon's Mercedes ( of which I know the owner )

4) The number plate if it was put on a car,and driven about,how many people are going to remember it as the plate the sad old prat had ?

To be honest,the silly bugger who payed all that money is just after some media fame and sympathy,and maybe hoping to sell his story to any second rate rag who will print it. As for the chance the car may have had some things going on inside which shouldn't have,the same could be said for dressing rooms and other buildings - do we have to destroy them as well,or have they fallen in value because the sad old prat used to go there ?

Good points made there.

But yeah, what went on would worry me a little bit...unless I got a big enough discount :mrgreen:

Hmm, that's a bit debatable really. Why should you have to declare that? I know a lot of people wouldn't want the association but surely it's caveat emptor?

The reason why I said that the person would probably have legal action taken against them for not saying who owned it, is because the what the original post said about the guy wanting to take action against the sellers BEFORE they knew of what Saville was like, so now knowing whats he was like there would be more of a case for legal action.

The thing is the plate is his initials and the old Medium Wave frequency of Radio 1 (247) and the fact that his cars keep appearing on tv in papers with it on makes it more well known. Someone could see it on a new owners car see the connection and trash the car (you know people are like).