Yugo Sana...?

Ben_L

I've just looked on HML, and it says that there were 250 in 2001, now down to none this year, one last year and it's been this way for some time?

Does anyone know of any still around? It's one piece of true shite that I wanna own!!!!

I'm just in the mood for some Eastern Block, Communistical Czech Shite to be fair... Was wondering if there was one that didn't have many holes in, maybe with a bit of T&T!

Think they look smashing, far beating the Cavalier on being shite.

There weren't any Sanas MoTed in 2007, according to the VOSA spreadsheet - Yugo Sana is not on there (although the Yugo Tempo is - 16 of them passed an MoT in 2007 - and I can't recall ever seeing one of them).

Mind you, the Morris Marina is noticeable by its absence on the VOSA spreadsheet, and there were a good few hundred of them on the road in the same year...

Perhaps the VOSA info is as, errm, reliable as HML on this one.

That old Top Gear is quite funny. Sticking a so-called racing driver into a really cheap Yugo. Can't believe it's got static rear seatbelts!

I know people go on about how much better Top Gear was in the old days, but that was the most boring presenting style I think I've ever seen. I'm sure it's possible to get the facts across without being quite so dull.

Can't believe it's got static rear seatbelts!

My Innocenti (which is a 1993 model) has static lap belts in the back. Apparently that's sufficient to meet legal requirements.

Tempo was the name given to the 45A-65A range towards the end of their lifespan to try and make them sound more attractive. Maybe VOSA lists the entire range as Tempos?

Haven't seen a Sana myself in a long time. An as someone mentioned on here they share some of the Fiat Tipo underpinnings. The floor and 1.4 [1372cc] engine.

But my brother works at a motor factors in Burton-Upon-Trent and told me earlier this year about march I think that one of the local garages he deals with phoned up asking for some service bits for a Sana! :D

The lad on the phone hadn't heard or seen one before but he was far from impressed with it . He hadn't even heard of Yugo. Maybe because it wasn't a chavved up Saxo or Corsa etc.

Anyway my brother sorted the service bits he needed an rung back and this time spoke to the garage owner who told my brother that the car belonged to a local old boy who had brought it brand new think my brother said it was H reg so 1990/91 and had been bringing it to them ever year since the original dealer had closed down. The old boy doesn't do many miles in it as only used for shopping trips etc and the car only has under 30,000 miles from new an is imaculate they said.

Sadly got no more info or pics but least there is one still around. My brother told the garage if the old boy ever wishes to part with it to let him know but if he does is another thing of course.

I did a brochure for a Yugo Sana as a thing for GCSE Design and Technology. Basically cut out pictures of Sanas from magazines, and made up some marketing bollocks. That's how brochures are made, right?

Always looked to me like a prototype. You know when they facelift a car and they drive some around with ill-fitting panels, yeah? That.