STOLEN 1971 Austin A60 Sun-Tor

seth

I've just received a message that this Sun-Tor was stolen over the weekend from Croydon South London/Surrey. This photo was taken a few years ago but the van was still in exceptionally tidy condition. There's only 20-30 of these out there and only a handful in such good order so please report any possible sightings. They all tend to be slightly different from one another as owners tend to alter them slightly to suit and this one had been in the same ownership for a long time. Send me a PM and I can pass the message on as I've no direct police/crime info.

BMCSParesday15.jpg

Fotoarabia.

Guess you knicked my 66 Datsun from outside my house? Guess who booked a 1966 Datsun in at Mildenhall?

Guess which forum ganged together to dob him in? Immediately?

Guess who got his Datsun back,48hrs alter -virtually undamaged (chassis tags gone & rear seat bolster -used to muffle the chains)

Smoke & fire mate. Permanently indebted to that forum. Good blokes -the vast majority.

Theres a 1000 other opportunists out there other than dodgey banger racers..why oh why is it always the same old tune..it has to be banger racers...theres enough rotten shite classic car restorers wont pay nada for..and the banger boys will..so...

You're quite right, however there aren't many online forums for car-thieving-little-scrotes, but there is a very active online banger racing community. While it may well have nothing to do with the banger boys, at least it's easy to reach out to them for help!!

Fotoarabia.

Guess you knicked my 66 Datsun from outside my house? Guess who booked a 1966 Datsun in at Mildenhall?

Guess which forum ganged together to dob him in? Immediately?

Guess who got his Datsun back,48hrs alter -virtually undamaged (chassis tags gone & rear seat bolster -used to muffle the chains)

Smoke & fire mate. Permanently indebted to that forum. Good blokes -the vast majority.

Fair play Mr Bickle...i was aware of your situation..i just had a gutsfull on FB of anti banger snobbery..i shouldnt judge AS so harshly

Bastards. My eyes are peeled. :(

This A60 was also stolen from Croydon, in April last year, as far as I know it hasn't been recovered. I'm sure there's been other classics stolen from that area in the last couple of years as well.

http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/forum/ph ... 69931fd636

As a footnote, my A55 MK1 was stolen from outside the then owner's house in 1989. The two teenage joyriders managed to get about three miles before crashing it into a wall (breaking the headlight and crumpling the front bumper and valance). Before they legged it they slashed the seats and headlining with a knife and sprayed graffiti all over the dashboard. Fortunately the car was retrimmed on the insurance and the owner managed to fix the front end damage and hotwired ignition himself. He reckoned the reason they didn't get very far is because they had trouble operating the column gearchange (which this Sun-Tor will almost certainly have). A lot of old cars are targeted by joyriders simply because they are so easy to steal (the drivers door lock on my Cambridge is so worn it could be opened with a screwdriver or any old key). Fingers crossed it will turn up safe and sound .

You're quite right, however there aren't many online forums for car-thieving-little-scrotes, but there is a very active online banger racing community. While it may well have nothing to do with the banger boys, at least it's easy to reach out to them for help!!

The banger-istes do seem to be an easy target when something like this goes missing.

I'm not taking sides, but it's worth pointing out a similar post is on OC with comments like "Hope it gets back to the rightful owner quickly and whoever has taken it headbutts a baseball bat a few times." and the rather more succinct "c**ts!!". :wink:

Well, I was in an area of South London I have been to before, and by pure chance, found it. So I pm'd Seth on here, and it got found from there I think. Literally was just parked on some double yellow lines, with barely any damage on the exterior. I was also planning on going somewhere else yesterday, so I am really glad I went where I did!