Oh shazbot.

wuvvum

I got a letter through the post regarding it, then shortly after another for the WRX version.

Wonder if it's the same 1.5 as the one in the Subaru Impreza Wagon 1.5R:

Posted Image

I'm convinced this car doesn't actually exist and was actually just a joke that got out of hand.

Non-sports Imprezas do dreadfully here - I honestly see about 100 WRXs for each "ordinary" one.I see the odd Legacy though, was trying to get my dad to buy one as his next car but oh no, must have a 6 speed box! Sigh!

plus I spotted a '65 or '66 Chrysler sedan (Newport?) going westbound on the M4 around Slough...

Was it a black pillarless one? - I seriously want one of the these so I am trying to find out how many are in the UK, I have a strong suspicison importing one from the states might be cheaper, even with all the taxes, shipping costs etc.Hows the R800 going?
No, this one was baby blue pastel, 4 door. Looked good.R800 is not going at the moment, I have fixed the electric windows and got the towbar on (a breeze as none of the bumper bolts were seized - more than can be said for the Peugeot!), but the exhaust bolts defeated me + copious amounts of PlusGas, so the garage can do that with the comfort of a 4-post lift. Maybe it will be on the road next month - it needs the exhaust and a CV boot doing for the MOT. Oh, and the fuel filter - I think I will go to my grave not being able to change a Rover 2-litre fuel filter. Why don't they put them underneath near the tank with little plastic clips in the rubber fuel line like everyone else, instead of having metal pipes in the engine bay, on which the bolts manage nuclear fusion?Back on topic - this gets my vote for budget 304 repaint method: http://www.rickwrench.com/50dollarpaint.html

Does it? I was only looking at the smaller engined ones. Don't think there'd be much chance of getting him to buy an engine that big.With a bit of luck he'll go for an Accord like I encouraged - preferably in the weird metallic beige type colour with a beige leather interior so I'd feel more comfortable driving it when I get a go.

With a bit of luck he'll go for an Accord like I encouraged - preferably in the weird metallic beige type colour with a beige leather interior so I'd feel more comfortable driving it when I get a go.

Do you get to drive your parents cars? I hope mine will investigate whether I can when I turn 25 in 28 days time! :D

I'm only 23 (crikey), but I'm on his company car policy as an additional driver. Neither of my policies have the third-party driver thing, I think it is tacked on automatically when you turn 25.Sadly his car is a 407SW (Shit Wagon) with optional "Luxury Pack", meaning you get leather seats somehow engineered to feel like vinyl. Surprisingly quick car with the bigger diesel engine, but utterly dreadful to drive. Truly the worst ergonomics of anything, ever. Horrible steering feel, near-impossible to do a smooth upshift and a bafflingly hard ride. And lots of things have broken on it, the panoramic sunroof thing stopped working and it usually flashes up that the tyre pressures are low on any of the four wheels (they're not) and occasionally states the anti-pollenation filter has broken, whatever that might be. In 20 years when they become shite, do yourself a favour and don't bother. Not even as a joke. Dire.Luckily, I only really drive his car once every few months, usually to pick my folks up if they've been out drinking, because he's too tight to fork out for taxis. Still, it lets me live out my taxi driver fantasies.....

Well, I had a bit of a crawl around under the old gal this afternoon, and it looks pretty promising. It's been pretty well undersealed/waxoyled so seems structurally sound. There's a small patch of rust on the driver's floorpan, but I'm hoping that's just surface. There's surface corrosion on the rear axle and trailing arms, but again I don't think there's any actual rot there. In fact the worst bit is where the driver's door skin is starting to come away at the bottom, but I don't think that's an MoT point as there's no sharp edges. From what I can see so far all it should need for a fresh ticket is a NSF tyre (but the spare is good so I'll just use that) and a rear foglight fitting. I'm pretty pleased with it so far though. In fact what with that, getting the R9 running again and fixing the driver's seat on the Saab, I would have had a pretty good day shite-fettling-wise if I hadn't then gone and lost the chuffing Subaru keys. :x So now I've got to go to a Subaru dealer to get a new key cut (no key code anywhere in the paperwork so it'll have to be a dealer) and buy/programme a new immobiliser fob. Which I could have done without. Hopefully it won't be too hideously expensive...

I'm only 23 (crikey), but I'm on his company car policy as an additional driver.

Isn't that pretty expensive? Is that to your cost, or his? :lol:

Neither of my policies have the third-party driver thing, I think it is tacked on automatically when you turn 25.

Meaning other people can't use your insurance to drive your cars third party, or you can't with other people's cars?

Sadly his car is a 407 SW (Shit Wagon) with optional "Luxury Pack", meaning you get leather seats somehow engineered to feel like vinyl. Surprisingly quick car with the bigger diesel engine, but utterly dreadful to drive. Truly the worst ergonomics of anything, ever. Horrible steering feel, near-impossible to do a smooth upshift and a bafflingly hard ride. And lots of things have broken on it, the panoramic sunroof thing stopped working and it usually flashes up that the tyre pressures are low on any of the four wheels (they're not) and occasionally states the anti-pollenation filter has broken, whatever that might be. In 20 years when they become shite, do yourself a favour and don't bother. Not even as a joke. Dire.

Luckily, I only really drive his car once every few months, usually to pick my folks up if they've been out drinking, because he's too tight to fork out for taxis. Still, it lets me live out my taxi driver fantasies.....

If I can get put on my dad's insurance come the end of the year this is what I'll be driving......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is the 2.2 Sport XS which replaced this a couple of months ago.......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

2.0 136 HDi or something like that.

Excellent Regie - we'll have to have a 407SW showdown! I think I'm on his policy as some sort of perk, don't think he pays anything. If he does it won't be much, or he wouldn't do it.Are those shiny grilles some sort of stock thing or an optional extra? Keep seeing rather ordinary looking ones with them, must say I'm not keen at all, reminds me of done up Saxos etc.Checked out the new Magnetis the other day in the work car park, impressive stuff - looked quite sinister in black!

Big gaping front grilles are the modern trend - just ask Audi!

Is a Leyland National rivalling front overhang a modern trend too? :?
Not unless you're aware of other manufacturers who have also taken on that style?
I'd rather have the National personally, but no ultra low bridges:

Posted Image

In other news, the Kia Magentis according to Sniff Petrol