SORT THE SPAM OUT PLEASE

hairnet

The spam is put on here not for us to actually read - the spammers couldn't care less whether we reply to it or it gets bumped off the front page within half an hour. They put it here because it gets the links indexed by google, bumping their page up the listings. Many forums use a "nofollow" tag on all links posted (it'll be a setting in the options here) which means google won't follow the links to index the spammers website.

Obviously with none of the spam being deleted (just eventually bumped onto the 2nd and 3rd page), and the nofollow tag not being used this place is like a goldmine to them.

Unless we get something sorted it'll only get worse, the solution is really quite easy - Just have a question on signup asking some shite related trivia, "Where is the gearbox one a Maxi?" or something. It wouldn't take any manual verification by anyone and would keep the spammers out.

Just have a question on signup asking some shite related trivia, "Where is the gearbox one a Maxi?" or something. It wouldn't take any manual verification by anyone and would keep the spammers out.

I thought there already was such a thing, I've even had the questions when I'm signing in.