Magentis Breaking Lincolnshire

Stixy

Bit of a shame really, I think of them as being a modern day Tagora. But needs must. Why are you scrapping it?

It is a shame really as there probably isnt a lot wrong with it .

I like these and did have 2 of them but ive just struggled to sell the other one with 11mnths ticket for £475

Other than sticking brakes and a flat battery everything except the cd player seems to work on this even the air con

I had it on ebay for a week but all i got was people looking for somthing cheap for a quick weigh in but i could do that myself if i wanted , i know these arnt everybodys cup o tea but they are a rare car if your looking for parts

Will sell it complete for £280 bring petrol and trade plates

AROnline mogul Mike Humble said similar things about the Megentis when trying to sell them second hand. Perfectly good cars like that with nothing wrong with them and low milage (he wasn’t that polite) often end up going to the just crusher because no-one wants them. So they follow the streams of Fronteras and Omega V6s starting new careers as bean cans and John West tins.

Good job they don’t follow the same philosophy with new cars, otherwise the scrappers would be chock-a-block with MG6s.

I know it's not a lot of help but if this had been a Manuel I'd have had your arm off. Magentis V6s are a seriously underrated bit of kit - rapid in a straight line and incongruously good round corners, lack of steering feel notwithstanding. Reliable too, and well screwed together, albeit from slightly more cheap-feeling materials than the European and Japanese alternatives.

Good job they don’t follow the same philosophy with new cars, otherwise the scrappers would be chock-a-block with MG6s.

Not so fast. MG are launching a new scheme called 'cradle to grave' where all new dealerships by 2015* must be situated next to a metal recycling plant or a breakers yard. "In a fashion not dissimilar to setting fire to 15 grand in used twenties, owners can drive their new MG6 from the dealer forecourt directly into the scrapyard and obtain a CoD. It's basically 4 years of savage depreciation and disappointment rolled into 15 minutes but without the shocking dealer service".

From their website, honest.

*If they last that long