Volvo 780

155V6

That's probably the Solido model which is the same casting as the Detail Cars one. Is it metallic green with a brown or black coloured vinyl roof? Solido & Corgi supplied the models for that series. I subscribed to it at the time it was out but.......GRRRRR!!! - Hachette, bloody Hachette the publishers cocked everything up :evil::evil: When I subscribed the form said I could pay with switch so I filled it all in, sent it off then waited. When the first one or two finally arrived (they always sent them two at a time) the next form I had to fill in said Switch wasn't available & since I don't own a credit card I had to pay with a cheque. So again I filled it all in & sent it off, waited for something like a month at a time for the next batch to arrive. One time I was a little late sending the cheque off to them, so I received a reminder (basically it worked in arrears I think.....you received the models then you had to send payment after, or you wouldn't receive the next two....something like that), so I sent them off the cheque for the outstanding ones, then bizarrely as if they were punishing me for late payment, that was it I never received anymore models despite being subscribed. Never had anything more from them, I did try ringing them, can't remember what they said, something like that I still owed them the money or something & I said I'd paid for the last batch I'd received but had had nothing since. Anyway that was the end of that after I'd only received a handful of models. Wasn't too upset as they were basically cheap, not particularly well made, undetailed versions of the models in their normal ranges. So no, I wouldn't bother dealing with Hachette again, as they themselves clearly can't be bothered.A collection of partworks that I did successfully complete & I was much more interested in was one that was around at the same time as the Century of Cars & I subscribed with WH Smith to receive every fortnight & that was the 'Porsche Model Collection' £4.99 every fortnight & there was 50 odd model Porsches in the collection & I completed it which I was quite happy about :D

I go to a lot of Toyfairs & other events,& there are a lot of cars left over from these collections.There's one set that's various Citroen DS's,one which seems to be old French cars,the Porsche Collection already mentioned,the Rally Car Collection,& the Century of Cars.There only ever seems to be 5 or 6 different cars from each set though,& they don't normally have the magazines with them,so it's not easy to find out about the other cars in the sets :(

If you happen to be excessively bored and watching endless repeats on cable telly, you might just catch an episode of 'Life of Grime New York' in which a derilect 780 is home to a colony of rats - yuk!Wish they had sold this model in the UK-does anyone think the c70 wil be shite one day????