so... did anyone see that car thing on channel 5?

michael1703

Since when to you inspect a potential restoration project without at least checking the floor???? On at least sticking your head under the car and having a tap at the sills etc.??? How not to buy and restore a car i think this programme should be called. How come the so called valuer is the same chappy both side of the Atlantic???? Surley there was a valuer on the Canadian side of the pond??? I' d my money on there being two cars again. Going by the way the shots were cut and from what you could see of the front scuttle and dash and the general underside of the car before and after, i doubt they could have done all they said they did in the time scale. A non matching numbers Pony car is worth less than a matching numbers one. Why did he not try putting Diesal down the bores of the supposadly seized engine and leave for a day or so. At least overnight? I wonder where the car is if it being offered for sale.Presumably it is this side of the pond. If they had done it in Red or Black the car would have looked better or even HIghland Green. Does make me wonder how they are going to do the Mini. How big a disaster that will be???.

All the cars featured are being given away as viewer competition prizes.

Has anybody else been watching that Strippers - Cars for cash program on Discovery?, I was already to slate that too from the trailers but it isn't that bad, Yes it's got another cockney gangster wannabe gobshite in it but he's blatantly just playing up to the cameras, It's more interesting then CCR although that's not difficult!

Has anybody else been watching that Strippers - Cars for cash program on Discovery?, I was already to slate that too from the trailers but it isn't that bad, Yes it's got another cockney gangster wannabe gobshite in it but he's blatantly just playing up to the cameras, It's more interesting then CCR although that's not difficult!

yes i watched that last night

evo 4 and evo 6 engines must look just the same :roll:

Just seen about two minutes of this, the Mustang episode.

Long enough to watch him throw a DIFFERENT screen onto the floor (thick black border at bottom, heavy gradient tint, no rear view mirror) to the one they'd just fitted to the car (no black border at bottom, very light gradient tint, rear view mirror bonded on).

FFS, they should just stop pretending that it's a factual show if they can't get things right, and be upfront that it's a complete fabrication.

I think all Evos used the same engine until fairly recently.

So who's gonna be switching Channel 5 on in 8 minutes then?

Yep, got it on right now and just trying to judge how long it'll be before I spy my arse and turn it over.

These shows are just going to create a new breed of ebay mong who think their old Corsa is WURF £5000 JUST 4 PARTS.

I watched the Chop Shop Rover Jet 1 espisode for the first time last night. It was almost bearable, but what a waste of a sound looking old Jag! For that I will hate the fat cockney forever.

Slightly not car related but just watched George Cross heroes on Discovery,

Bit freaked out by Lord Ashcroft KCMG acting like a wannabe Bond villain introducing things but a reconstruction of a Sarf London car chase in 1966 featuring Mr Plod driving a W114 Merc with whitewalls and a Blue 'Kojak' lamp on the roof chasing a Jaaaag XJ6; IN 1966???

FFS, HOW HARD WOULD IT BE TO GET THE SODDING DETAILS RIGHT!!

(Or if not right vaguely believeable would be a start)

This could have been a really great programme featuring some seriously brave people but it has to be over dramatised, sensationalised and generally buggered about with for no reason.

I've got a great idea for a series. It's called 'I'm A Producer Being Run Over By A Sub £1000 Car'.

It's presented by two utter bell-ends. One's a Scouser called Peter The Cunt, the other a useless posho twat who allegedly went to North Cestrian.

Basically, Peter The Cunt would try in vain to buy an Alfa 33 or a beige J reg Proton, fail, buy a mint Allegro for £32* (actual results will vary) and then spend the rest of the programme bickering with a useless Czech twat who does 3 days of actual work whilst charging for a year's worth of labour. It's all in the Daily Mail, fucking unionists, etc.

After 16 cups of coffee and three hundred packs of cigarettes, Peter the Cunt despairs at the posho North Cestrian twat, who has bent all three keys to the car and called Peter the Cunt a cunt 437 times and achieved nothing despite being on set for 8 hours with a knackered 35mm camera of some description.

Every week Dan Hirst (played to perfection by Martin Buckley) would appear, offer some bewildering advice and disappear into the sunset before running over the second unit director \ runner \ producer with a car from his vast fleet.

Peter The Cunt and North Cestrian posho applaud with gusto, fade to black, credits, sponsorship from A1 Auto Mart, win an orbital buffer, PPI claim kony 2012 romney blah blah resale silver horse versus train combi boiler white moccassins not shite pumpe duse blah blah bollocks.

I've got a great idea for a series. It's called 'I'm A Producer Being Run Over By A Sub £1000 Car'.

It's presented by two utter bell-ends. One's a Scouser called Peter The Cunt, the other a useless posho twat who allegedly went to North Cestrian.

Basically, Peter The Cunt would try in vain to buy an Alfa 33 or a beige J reg Proton, fail, buy a mint Allegro for £32* (actual results will vary) and then spend the rest of the programme bickering with a useless Czech twat who does 3 days of actual work whilst charging for a year's worth of labour. It's all in the Daily Mail, fucking unionists, etc.

After 16 cups of coffee and three hundred packs of cigarettes, Peter the Cunt despairs at the posho North Cestrian twat, who has bent all three keys to the car and called Peter the Cunt a cunt 437 times and achieved nothing despite being on set for 8 hours with a knackered 35mm camera of some description.

Every week Dan Hirst (played to perfection by Martin Buckley) would appear, offer some bewildering advice and disappear into the sunset before running over the second unit director \ runner \ producer with a car from his vast fleet.

Peter The Cunt and North Cestrian posho applaud with gusto, fade to black, credits, sponsorship from A1 Auto Mart, win an orbital buffer, PPI claim kony 2012 romney blah blah resale silver horse versus train combi boiler white moccassins not shite pumpe duse blah blah bollocks.

When's this on?

Nice idea man. But I think it needs to be an L reg Proton for obvious reasons.

Thank you for your comments.

We watch every episode of IAPGROBASOTPC to make sure it meets someone's requirements. Thank for letting us know. You can buy a mint L reg Proton for around £1000.

Sincerely

V Gina

Sand

Dunmurray

Nice idea, needs a stronger punchline, you ran out of steam towards the end?

maybe a musical instrument falling on a car?