so... did anyone see that car thing on channel 5?

michael1703

I'm starting to think this is actually some sort of spoof or sitcom (albeit not a very funny one) showing how not to restore cars. In the MGB episode they didn't do a single thing right so I'm dreading how bad it'll be this week. Car crash TV at its worst but strangely compelling.

I'm starting to think this is actually some sort of spoof or sitcom (albeit not a very funny one) showing how not to restore cars. In the MGB episode they didn't do a single thing right so I'm dreading how bad it'll be this week. Car crash TV at its worst but strangely compelling.

According to Wikipedia it was the 1949 Hudson Rocket 88 followed by a number of others in the '50's, long before the Mustang.

To be fair that Canadian bloke doesn't seem so bad but that Bernie "Ya havin a laugh in ya" does my head in.

Yeah the Canadian guy is ok, however he seems to to the square root of fuck all throughout the programme.

Finding a good proxy for when it comes online...

FUCK! We all hate this but tune in every week! It's like Jerry Springer - awful TV with awful people but I still watch it. I am off to have a look for the viewing figures.

According to Wikipedia it was the 1949 Hudson Rocket 88 followed by a number of others in the '50's, long before the Mustang.

To be fair that Canadian bloke doesn't seem so bad but that Bernie "Ya havin a laugh in ya" does my head in.

Yeah the Canadian guy is ok, however he seems to to the square root of fuck all throughout the programme.

Finding a good proxy for when it comes online...

FUCK! We all hate this but tune in every week! It's like Jerry Springer - awful TV with awful people but I still watch it. I am off to have a look for the viewing figures.

Does that boiled vinegar trick actually work?

Not heard of that one before though I've heard of the slightly* more dangerous boiled oil method. Heat/beat/rebuild would of been my method of attack with that old lump of pig iron mind.

Watched it tonight and it was much like I'd expected it would be. The light blue hue is no colour for a mustang if you ask me.

Does that boiled vinegar trick actually work?

Not heard of that one before though I've heard of the slightly* more dangerous boiled oil method. Heat/beat/rebuild would of been my method of attack with that old lump of pig iron mind.

Watched it tonight and it was much like I'd expected it would be. The light blue hue is no colour for a mustang if you ask me.

Since when to you inspect a potential restoration project without at least checking the floor???? On at least sticking your head under the car and having a tap at the sills etc.??? How not to buy and restore a car i think this programme should be called. How come the so called valuer is the same chappy both side of the Atlantic???? Surley there was a valuer on the Canadian side of the pond??? I' d my money on there being two cars again. Going by the way the shots were cut and from what you could see of the front scuttle and dash and the general underside of the car before and after, i doubt they could have done all they said they did in the time scale. A non matching numbers Pony car is worth less than a matching numbers one. Why did he not try putting Diesal down the bores of the supposadly seized engine and leave for a day or so. At least overnight? I wonder where the car is if it being offered for sale.Presumably it is this side of the pond. If they had done it in Red or Black the car would have looked better or even HIghland Green. Does make me wonder how they are going to do the Mini. How big a disaster that will be???.