Linegar Collection Auction: Ruff's Report is in!

ruffgeezer

That's a bit of a pisser, I'll be fairly near there this weekend so a week early. That LPG'd Sherpa camper would suit me nicely, along with the Lambretta Cento and a bit of other shite too.

• 2 weeks later...

Well now gather up a cushion children, button down yer lug holes and let me tell you about my day at the auction...

As I believe is typical for this sort of thing, there were two viewing days in the week before the sale itself, I went on Wednesday to see what I could see, and to see also who I would be bidding against.

After finding my way to the car park, I almost immediately spot this; it was lovely, and I wanted to stuff it under my jacket and wander away whistling nonchalantly:

IMAG0565.jpg

Anyway without further ado, I register to bid and start perusing the lots, I elected not to bother with a brochure as at £10 a throw, it seemed a little excessive, so I downloaded it for free onto my phone, and took a clipboard and pen to take notes, here is what I was intending on bidding on, and deemed worthy of a photograph:

A load of reasonable condition hub caps, these fetched just over £70, which is a little beyond my budget for shit I really don't need:

IMAG0566.jpg

A second lot of hub caps, including some from Lea Francis, presumably from before he started bo-selectaing?

IMAG0567.jpg

I wrote the lot number of these down wrong, so ended up not bidding, again part of my, hoping to nick it cheap and make OMGPROFIT on, but failing miserably, as if I'd bid on the lot number I'd noted down, I'd have ended up with some tractor parts instead... oops!

IMAG0575.jpg

A big pallet of rusty old tools, lovely:

IMAG0570.jpg

A big pallet of electric tools, according to one of our customers who knew the now sadly departed owner of all this stuff, he never threw anything away , so plenty of potential for buying broken shit here... (as an aside, apparently most of the cars were full of old tins that had to be removed before sale!)

IMAG0571.jpg

For some reason there are pictures of these two lots of seemly crap, according to the guide they are:

Lot 143: Mixed lot of Oils, lubricants and grease guns:

IMAG0572.jpg

And I've looked, but I have no idea what this selection of tat was listed as:

IMAG0573.jpg

The guide price on this little lot was set very low, I thought it might be worth a cheeky bid...

IMAG0574.jpg

Austin Cambridge looked fairly solid on the face of things:

IMAG0576.jpg

I also had a look round this 100E Prefect, which I really really wanted...

usl709.jpg

IMAG0568.jpg

But it might have been a Sill-y mistake... geddit? Oh god I'm almost as funny as Shaun "Mini-Moyles" Keaveny...

IMAG0569.jpg

AUCTION DAY

Well I got to the sale in some sort of record time, bagged a premium parking spot and hopeful that some chod would be in attendance, I got snapping...

This pair had a prominent spot in the car park, up for sale by the same vendor, I must admit I didn't know what the convertible was at the time, and as I've slept since I took the picture, I can no longer remember either!

IMAG0584.jpg

IMAG0585.jpg

This was next to the duo above, a bit scruffy or, if you are a salesman "patinated" and for just £13,500 !

IMAG0586.jpg

Lovely day for an auction, and a decent venue via this lot:

IMAG0587.jpg

I shall post some more in a little while, meantime does anyone want to guess on the following:

1) What did I end up buying?

2) How much did I spend?

Here is a link again to the brochure: http://www.perkinsgeorgemawer.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/linegar.pdf

I like that Cambridge, it looks as if it would be ready to use after a wash. Is that what you bought? Or was it the pallet of rusty tools for £11.50?

Oh god I'm almost as funny as Shaun "Mini-Moyles" Keaveny...

I've been thinking of giving him another chance because other 6 Music DJs seem to rate him. Would this be unwise?

Richard wins the half eaten hob-nob, I did indeed have the winning bid on the pallet of tools for a bit more than £11.50, but collection is tomorrow so the jury is out on if I have made a big mistake or not...

I'd have loved to bring home the Cambridge or the 100e, but since the garage still isn't weather tight, I think it'd be too soon to put a project in it, especially as the 100e could have been removed using a brush and a selection of buckets.

To say the auction day was busy, is like saying dogs like sniffing each other's bumholes, I reckon there was a couple of thousand in attendance:

IMAG0596.jpg

From my seat, being careful not to scratch my nose and inadvertently bid on Mr Linegar's toliet library (engineering magazines iirc), I must admit here, I didn't stay the whole course, the seats were incredibly uncomfortable, especially so close together, sandwiched between several people with no sense of personal space nay hygiene.

Ok so here are a few of the lovely cars that were up for auction yesterday, well the ones that I could actually get near anyway.

Early Minor looking a little worse for wear:

IMAG0594.jpg

Autoshite beige Mini (when I saw it on viewing day, it still had some planks under it where it had been forklifted)

IMAG0593.jpg

This guy sat against the 100e for the entire time I was there, this irked me somewhat, as did the apparent disrespect a lot of the vehicles were shown by people there on the day, slamming doors and bonnets etc, they've survived all this time, they don't need some clod headed git coming along breaking them now.

IMAG0591.jpg

Invacar, nothing good to say about it really...

IMAG0595.jpg

Another victim of mistreatment on the day, I witnessed an older, scruffy looking bloke fail to shut the door properly, then force it shut with his boot... Grr..

IMAG0589.jpg

LDV chicken shed, if your chickens are working class of course.

IMAG0588.jpg

Citroen 12 touring, I'm not sure what has happened to the paint on this, looks like an old ceramic pot:

IMAG0590.jpg

Got stuck behind this wtf landrover conversion here, it nearly toppled taking a turn at a junction and was fitted what I can only assume was a coal fired engine judging by the smoking it was doing!

IMAG0577.jpg

And today, just to rub in the fact I didn't save USL 709, I saw this, it was lovely :x

IMAG0598.jpg

I hope you enjoyed reading my blitherings.

Oh, and Shaun Keaveny? he fucking loves himself too much, I can't think of a suitable replacement, perhaps just hitch up random playlist for the morning show huh?

• 6 years later...

Richard wins the half eaten hob-nob, I did indeed have the winning bid on the pallet of tools for a bit more than £11.50, but collection is tomorrow so the jury is out on if I have made a big mistake or not...

I'd have loved to bring home the Cambridge or the 100e, but since the garage still isn't weather tight, I think it'd be too soon to put a project in it, especially as the 100e could have been removed using a brush and a selection of buckets.

To say the auction day was busy, is like saying dogs like sniffing each other's bumholes, I reckon there was a couple of thousand in attendance:

IMAG0596.jpg

From my seat, being careful not to scratch my nose and inadvertently bid on Mr Linegar's toliet library (engineering magazines iirc), I must admit here, I didn't stay the whole course, the seats were incredibly uncomfortable, especially so close together, sandwiched between several people with no sense of personal space nay hygiene.

Ok so here are a few of the lovely cars that were up for auction yesterday, well the ones that I could actually get near anyway.

Early Minor looking a little worse for wear:

IMAG0594.jpg

Autoshite beige Mini (when I saw it on viewing day, it still had some planks under it where it had been forklifted)

IMAG0593.jpg

This guy sat against the 100e for the entire time I was there, this irked me somewhat, as did the apparent disrespect a lot of the vehicles were shown by people there on the day, slamming doors and bonnets etc, they've survived all this time, they don't need some clod headed git coming along breaking them now.

IMAG0591.jpg

Invacar, nothing good to say about it really...

IMAG0595.jpg

Another victim of mistreatment on the day, I witnessed an older, scruffy looking bloke fail to shut the door properly, then force it shut with his boot... Grr..

IMAG0589.jpg

LDV chicken shed, if your chickens are working class of course.

IMAG0588.jpg

Citroen 12 touring, I'm not sure what has happened to the paint on this, looks like an old ceramic pot:

IMAG0590.jpg

Got stuck behind this wtf landrover conversion here, it nearly toppled taking a turn at a junction and was fitted what I can only assume was a coal fired engine judging by the smoking it was doing!

IMAG0577.jpg

And today, just to rub in the fact I didn't save USL 709, I saw this, it was lovely :mad:

IMAG0598.jpg

I hope you enjoyed reading my blitherings.

Oh, and Shaun Keaveny? he fucking loves himself too much, I can't think of a suitable replacement, perhaps just hitch up random playlist for the morning show huh?

Nothing like some good old thread resurrection,

but out of curiosity any idea what happened to that AC Acedes? :)